What's new

Same record at this point in the season as last

Sloanfeld

Banned
I kept telling everyone last years team was better but nobody listened because we had a better record (terrible logic). Well guess what, after 45 games last season and this season the record is the same, 27-18. And we actually won 32 games before we lost 19 last season. We struggled early last season for reasons that I don't know. Eventually we got it going then Matthews got more minutes and we were even better later in the year. We were on a MONSTER TEAR. This is what I was trying to say earlier in the year, you can't use records to make this comparison because it was obvious that last season we were two different teams. Now it's clear that I'm right. I've hand constructed a chart showing our wins/losses from last season and this:

graph.jpg

I mean, what more do you need?

Vinylone, you tried to rub it in my face early on, pointing out in game threads how we had a better record than last season, but I knew eventually it would even out. Thriller and r00t 4 Jazz, used the same dumb 'better record' argument also.

Even further proof that I'm right, everyone bitches constantly about Bell this season and everyone loved Matthews last. People are stating to give up on Jefferson and Millsap and Carlos Boozer coming was winning back fans last season. Remember the 'EXTEND BOOZER NOW' sign? (I searched hard for this and couldn't find it). Oh, and we actually had outside shooting last season. If CJ is off this season then forget it.

Another argument some of you fools had was that we are better defensively this year than last. Let's check Basketball Reference:

2009-2010

PTS/G: 104.2 (4th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 98.9 (12th of 30)
SRS: 5.33 (3rd of 30) ▪ Pace: 93.8 (9th of 30)
Off Rtg: 110.7 (8th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 105.0 (10th of 30)

2010-2011

PTS/G: 100.1 (12th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 98.9 (18th of 30)
SRS: 1.05 (12th of 30) ▪ Pace: 90.5 (22nd of 30)
Off Rtg: 109.6 (8th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.3 (19th of 30)

Now, looking at the overall numbers, I'll take last year's team.

The team is going to come around and win games again, but we are nowhere near as good as last season. Why don't you clowns just admit I'm right already???????

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2010.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2011.html

I kept telling everyone last years team was better but nobody listened because we had a better record (terrible logic). Well guess what, after 45 games last season and this season the record is the same, 27-18. And we actually won 32 games before we lost 19 last season. We struggled early last season for reasons that I don't know. Eventually we got it going then Matthews got more minutes and we were even better later in the year. We were on a MONSTER TEAR. This is what I was trying to say earlier in the year, you can't use records to make this comparison because it was obvious that last season we were two different teams. Now it's clear that I'm right. I've hand constructed a chart showing our wins/losses from last season and this:

graph.jpg

I mean, what more do you need?

Vinylone, you tried to rub it in my face early on, pointing out in game threads how we had a better record than last season, but I knew eventually it would even out. Thriller and r00t 4 Jazz, used the same dumb 'better record' argument also.

Even further proof that I'm right, everyone bitches constantly about Bell this season and everyone loved Matthews last. People are stating to give up on Jefferson and Millsap and Carlos Boozer coming was winning back fans last season. Remember the 'EXTEND BOOZER NOW' sign? (I searched hard for this and couldn't find it). Oh, and we actually had outside shooting last season. If CJ is off this season then forget it.

Another argument some of you fools had was that we are better defensively this year than last. Let's check Basketball Reference:

2009-2010

PTS/G: 104.2 (4th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 98.9 (12th of 30)
SRS: 5.33 (3rd of 30) ▪ Pace: 93.8 (9th of 30)
Off Rtg: 110.7 (8th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 105.0 (10th of 30)

2010-2011

PTS/G: 100.1 (12th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 98.9 (18th of 30)
SRS: 1.05 (12th of 30) ▪ Pace: 90.5 (22nd of 30)
Off Rtg: 109.6 (8th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.3 (19th of 30)

Now, looking at the overall numbers, I'll take last year's team.

The team is going to come around and win games again, but we are nowhere near as good as last season. Why don't you clowns just admit I'm right already???????

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2010.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2011.html

cool_story_bro_2.jpg

Well I'm going to sleep, guess all of the fair weather fans bailed out early. Maybe I'll see an intelligent response after I wake up.

Right now I don't think there is much argument; last year we were better. At least at this point in the season.

It's not really any one player/persons fault. It's not because Deron is "pouting" --which is more of a reaction to losing, it's not Raja Smell's hack job defense or inability to hit jumpers or run the floor, it's not CJ Mile's inconsistency, it's not Millsap playing Boozer D, it's not Jefferson not playing help D. It's not Millsap and Jefferson settling for mid range jump shots most of the time, it's not Ak's contract, it's not the inefficient but sometimes energetic bench, it's not timid Rookie Hayward, it's not Okur being slow on recovery and slow on the floor.

It's not the coaching staff's inability to adjust to a different team that obviously are not playing to their full potential.

It's all of that. There might be a really good team somewhere, but they have a lot problems to work out. Last year's team had a lot less.

I agree with Sloanfield's original post. The Jazz were an elite team offensively from 2006-07 until 2009-10. They were average-to-below average defensively, but their phenomenal offense, particularly at home where they would get out and run, was what made them a 50-54 win team. The 2010-11 team has won 27 games mostly on defense, toughness, and scrappiness.
Over the past few weeks, their defense (Utah was leading the league in FG% defense when they were 15-5) has completely fallen apart (most noticeably the 2nd-unit) and now the boat has 2 major leaks.

I know announcers like to point out that the Jazz lead the league in 4th-qtr scoring at 26 ppg, but scoring 25+ in quarters was the norm over the past 4 seasons. From 2006-10, the Jazz scored 25 points or more in 58%, 61%, 60%, and 59% of their overall quarters. They scored 20 or less points in 14%, 7.6%, 9.8%, and 11.9% of their quarters.

This year Utah's 25+ qtrs are down to 49% while their percentage of quarters scoring 20pts or less is up to a whopping 19%.

No matter how the opposing team shoots, in the past the Utah's offense would always keep them in the game and quite often allowed them to win games comfortably. This season, Utah's bread-and-butter has been getting hot for stretches late in the 2nd-half while rallying from double-digit deficits. You tell me which is more sound.

Sloanfeld really needs some friends in real life. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone so desperate for attention and validation from strangers.

regardless of the facts or the current events, i just don't really get why you are so desperate for people to acknowledge you... pretty annoying honestly.