What's new

San Francisco for a day ideas?

bluenote

Contributor
Will be there in May and will have a full Saturday to enjoy the city/area. Would like to enjoy a beach at some point as well. What is your perfect itinerary for a day? Restaurants for breakfast/dinner? Have seen all of the major tourist attractions.

I had a long chat about San Francisco with Craig 2112 awhile back. He seemed to be a huge fan of the "Castro District", I don't know much about that place but if you asked him, I'm sure he'd give you a buttload of hairy details.

I had a long chat about San Francisco with Craig 2112 awhile back. He seemed to be a huge fan of the "Castro District", I don't know much about that place but if you asked him, I'm sure he'd give you a buttload of hairy details.

I've been there before. It's pretty cool, but it smells like ***. Not to mention the "girls" there aren't the cutest in the world. Craig told me that he and a buddy met some girl down there, and she ripped out their hearts and rec'tum.

Was just there last month with a friend. Golden Gate park is cool if you wanna get high and I suggest doing a boat tour around the bay.

Down by Pier 39 there is a crab place where the crabs are covered in this addictive butter, garlic, herb sauce. It will blow your mind.

Overall though I was disappointed in San Fran. Really really dirty, and reeks of hipsters.

Watch the South Park episode where Kyles family moves to San Fran and everyone there smells their own farts. Its pretty accurate.

Also way too many annoying Asians.

Guaranteed there is probably a Giants or A's game going on while you're there. I don't follow baseball much anymore, but getting a cheapie and hitting the park is always a good way to burn some hours no matter where you are.

Personally, I'm a total wanderer, so that's all I would do. Just jump on some random public transit lines, walk around, get a feel for the different neighborhoods and see what happens.

Find the "bush man" and tip him generously.
tomselleck.gif

Surrounding ocean front towns can be great. I live in the valley but I love to spend time in a little township just south of Santa Cruz called Capitola. It has a beautiful beach featuring the Capitola Wharf, nice beach front eateries.

AU09CapitolaBeachPD.jpg

7c62313e7c72303263976896f747978c3597f4ac

For dinner try the Shadowbrook- it has beautiful gardens that you can walk through to the front door, or use the interesting elevator that moves diagonally down the hill side. The food is reasonably priced and crazy delicious. Zagat rated.
1363516041_829b27e50e_z.jpg