What's new

Scare tactics

The thing people don't understand is in 2 years this will be the age of each player (starting the season. Not ending the season)

Haywood will be 32
Dirk will be 34! (He will be almost 35 when the season ends)
Kidd will be 39 or retired (not under contract that year)
Butler will be 32 (Not under contract that year)
Chandler will be 29 (Not under contract that year) He also came out of high school and is very injury prone. Probably won't last much longer
Shawn Marion will be 34
Jason Terry will be 34

The guy is right that Cuban is more willing to spend to put talent around Deron. But he is stupid if he thinks that Dallas will be more talented in 2 years. They will be really old. Dirk won't be the same in 2 years. He will be on the decline. I swear these so called journalists need to do some research before writing.

squid.jpg

This needs to be the official picture of Jazzfanz.

https://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/19594/first-cup-wednesday-122

Andrew Macaluso of Dime Magazine: "If Deron Williams chooses to opt-out of his contract in 2012, where would he end up? How about following his roots in Dallas to play with the Mavericks. Deron starred at The Colony High School near Dallas, and last year at the NBA All-Star Game in Dallas, that was the happiest Williams has looked in two years. Another thing to consider is that the Mavericks will have substantial cap room in 2012, right when Deron can choose to become a free agent. If Deron ends up in Dallas, he would have a much better supporting cast than with the Jazz. ... The Mavericks have one of the best shooting big men in the history of the NBA in Dirk Nowitzki. Don’t get it twisted though – he’s not a choke artist like fans believe. This is a guy who is 7-0 and has averaged 23.0 points and 8.5 rebounds for his career, all on jump shots. But let’s face it; Dirk’s never had a great point guard in his prime during his time in Dallas other than Steve Nash – and he still couldn’t lead the Mavericks to a title. ... The best part of all is that Deron has the chance to play for the arguably the best owner in basketball, Mark Cuban. Cuban is the kind of guy that will gladly go into luxury tax in pursuit of a title, which he’s done numerous of times. Deron just wants to win, and at this point, he can’t win in Utah. Maybe Chris Bosh was right, it’s time players stop mixing loyalty when it comes to free agency."

He lost me at "numerous of times", although that was towards the end, so I read the entire thing. Anyway, I've been saying this for a while. The problem is Dirk will be on his way to senior citizenship by this time, so it depends on who they could surround Dwill with. That said, I can totally see him leaving for Dallas.

More Deron to Dallas Nonsense

From espn courtesy of the broke *** writers of Dime mag. I must say this is the worst piece of garbage I have seen.

https://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/19594/first-cup-wednesday-122

Andrew Macaluso of Dime Magazine: "If Deron Williams chooses to opt-out of his contract in 2012, where would he end up? How about following his roots in Dallas to play with the Mavericks. Deron starred at The Colony High School near Dallas, and last year at the NBA All-Star Game in Dallas, that was the happiest Williams has looked in two years. Another thing to consider is that the Mavericks will have substantial cap room in 2012, right when Deron can choose to become a free agent. If Deron ends up in Dallas, he would have a much better supporting cast than with the Jazz. ... The Mavericks have one of the best shooting big men in the history of the NBA in Dirk Nowitzki. Don’t get it twisted though – he’s not a choke artist like fans believe. This is a guy who is 7-0 and has averaged 23.0 points and 8.5 rebounds for his career, all on jump shots. But let’s face it; Dirk’s never had a great point guard in his prime during his time in Dallas other than Steve Nash – and he still couldn’t lead the Mavericks to a title. ... The best part of all is that Deron has the chance to play for the arguably the best owner in basketball, Mark Cuban. Cuban is the kind of guy that will gladly go into luxury tax in pursuit of a title, which he’s done numerous of times. Deron just wants to win, and at this point, he can’t win in Utah. Maybe Chris Bosh was right, it’s time players stop mixing loyalty when it comes to free agency."

"Did you know Deron grew up and played in Texas?" is the new "Did you know Matt Harpring played football?"

The part about how the Jazz are going nowehere but Dallas and Dirk are on the rise is dumb as hell. These writers need to go kick rocks.

Can we get a stickied "Deron dumps jazz to play with flailing Mavs" megathread?

Mostly so we can laugh a couple years from now?

If you want some entertainment read the comments about the article on Dime magazine. Andrew gets eaten alive and he is acting like a 1st grader with his responses! One of the funniest things I have read in a long time.