What's new

Scones

Mission Accomplished

This is my first post. What we are missing is players that have grit. Watching that game last night I appreciated Fess getting in Kobe's head with his accidental hard fouls. But, that is where it ends. When it was obviously getting to Kobe what did CJ do? Did CJ body Kobe up? The refs are going to cheat for the Lakers no matter what. So, we should at least get our moneys worth when we foul. There is nothing cheap about a hard foul to let the other team know that you aren't going to roll over.

What I want to know is which players have that 'tough guy potential'?

This is why I thought we should have kept Hoffa.

I think when Favors gets a bit stronger, he's going to be the player that everyone fears. He's just getting his feet wet as a rookie, but he has every potential to be a physical force in this league with the confidence to score on anyone, block anyone, and get any rebound he wants. He has a quiet demeanor, like Duncan, but I think he can emerge as the focal point of the team.

The funny thing is they went after Bell for some grit and toughness and now he is a premaddona worried about minutes. Big Al is too big of a nice guy he only seems to get mad at the media and coaches. Milsap has some spunk but he mostly gets mad at the refs. CJ is too dumb to get mad. The only person that we have that has that grit is Ronnie P. Maybe we can teach Favors and Hayward. I hope the Jazz seriously look into bringing in a FA with some real toughness. Like Matt Barnes we need that player that plays angry and is ready to scrap. We have enough nice guys.

I wonder if Bill Lambeer's available. If not, it's Hoffa time. Also, if Jerry liked people laying down hard fouls to send a message, why did Hoffa play so little (spare me the "he sucks" - he was better than Collins).

I remember going to a summer league game and hoffa took marvin williams and threw him. All that bothers me with that is why can't we use those types of fouls on a player like Bryant, Anthony, and other players that rub it into our faces. We need those players to know that night when they have aches and pains that they just played the Utah Jazz.

I remember going to a summer league game and hoffa took marvin williams and threw him. All that bothers me with that is why can't we use those types of fouls on a player like Bryant, Anthony, and other players that rub it into our faces. We need those players to know that night when they have aches and pains that they just played the Utah Jazz.

We don't use those fouls because Hoffa got minutes in summer league and not during the season, unfortunately. I was at the game youspeak of and remember that when we traded for him everyone said he was a flagrant fouling machine. That game did not let down, as he laid down two flagrants and was ejected.

Oh, and if you're looking for intelligence let's bring Amaechi back.

Fess has potential if he gets min. We need to bring the mailman back to teach our bigs what you do when there is a mouse in the house and to bring the old school type Jazz play. Players like Kobe come into our house pumping their fists, beating their chests. We need to put them in their places. I wish last night when kobe jumped up after fess threw the ball in his direction that fess would have went after kobe. Would kobe still try and be a tough guy with a 300 lb gorilla coming at him?

Fess has potential if he gets min. We need to bring the mailman back to teach our bigs what you do when there is a mouse in the house and to bring the old school type Jazz play. Players like Kobe come into our house pumping their fists, beating their chests. We need to put them in their places. I wish last night when kobe jumped up after fess threw the ball in his direction that fess would have went after kobe. Would kobe still try and be a tough guy with a 300 lb gorilla coming at him?

I would consider sacrificing leftie to see Fes KO Kobe in-game.

Also, if you think about it we started to struggle on D when fess went out. I think that he unintentionally was sending a message that you are going to feel the paint tonight.

I enjoy a scone.

scones.jpg