What's new

Scrimmage

Dwight Howard laid an egg in his scrimmage game as well. I am not to worried. People are shaking off rust/adapting to their first taste of the NBA. As others have said we should not read to much into this either way. Give them a little time to get into the groove of things.

I sat right on the baseline at this game (it was awesome, never been that close) and something that I noticed was Favors and Kanter were going AT it. I was on the blue side so I had a good view of Kanter guarding Favors. I'm sure everybody could see that but there were points when Favors seemed to just stare at Kanter like "Get off me man". I liked that intensity in the scrimmage though. I'm really interested what happens behind closed doors in practice.

Alec Burks looked comfortable and not nervous at all. It did seem like the game was faster than he antipated (like Raja would usually cut him off whenever he put the ball down) but that's typical of all rookies.

Hayward has done a complete 180 from this time last year. He's a very smart player and I dunno about ever being a star but he will be solid for a lonng time.

Favors always has that look on his face.

Dwight Howard laid an egg in his scrimmage game as well. I am not to worried. People are shaking off rust/adapting to their first taste of the NBA. As others have said we should not read to much into this either way. Give them a little time to get into the groove of things.

Veterans like Howard, people with nothing to prove, probably take games like this way less seriously.

CJ really is fools gold, but there is no denying how well he looked out there during the scrimmage.

I expect he'll have a good season, we'll overpay him for a 3-4 year deal, and regret it in the years to come.

He did seem quicker and more athletic. He had a standing dunk, a windmill, and a nasty block on a Favors layup well above the rim.

Also ran the break really well (which he always been able to do).