What's new

Second favorite team

Wow. Someone said anyone but the Lakers. Me too.

See, I used to live in LA (for 5 years). Before that I was completely monogamous to my hometown Utah Jazz. But in LA all they ever put on TV were Laker games (go figure). They might've played clippers games too but I don't remember. The clippers weren't stuffed down my throat like the Lakers were. Man, the lakers are such a great team to HATE. I hate them so much! Being in LA and having Kobe on billboards in my face all the time only magnified my hatred. I HATED when the Jazz traded Mcleod + Bronco for Derek Fisher! Man, if there is anyone that is going to keep me out of heaven it's Derek Fxxking Fisher! ....where was I?

I love basketball. I really missed getting to watch my hometown Jazz in LA. :( All I was left with were those villainous Lakers and so I rooted for whoever was playing them that night. This was actually pretty great. I became a fan of a lot of different teams and a lot of different players. This was back when Divac and Bibby and Christie and Turkoglu et all were on the Kings -- back when they got robbed by the refs in the 2002 WCFs. Man, that was a great team to watch. I even remember watching them destroy my Utah Jazz in Stockton and Malone's final years. It made me sad, but still I was really impressed with those Kings. Great team. Peja became my favorite player in the league (after Stockton retired).

Anyway, it felt a little weird at first not hating all who didn't wear the Jazz uniform (I'm so glad they don't wear those stupid mountain range unis anymore), but it's better to love than to hate.

No team will ever eclipse my love for the Jazz. But living in Lakerland caused my heart to grow and make room for more and more. It feels great. I finally see the beauty of polygamy.

I have mild interest in the Warriors since I live in the Bay Area. I kind of like to see teams like the Nuggets and Suns who have been screwed by their marquee players to beat big-city teams.

I somewhat like the Pacers, since I respect Larry Bird.

I wouldn't say I'm really a fan of those teams though.

I am a closet Knicks fan. I served my lds mission in ny in the early 90s when Jordan and the bulls had those epic battles with the Knicks. I love the jazz and always will but I like to root for ny

My second favorite team has been the Celtics since Ray Allen was traded to Boston. He has been one of my favorite players for a long time. I absolutely love his game. I like KG and Rondo a lot, too. I was a fan of the Heat (big fan of Wade) until LeBron showed up... who I have an unknown hatred for.

I'm an actual Pacers fan. But the Jazz are first in my heart. It goes like this: Jazz > Pacers >> remaining teams >>> Lakers

ive been keepin an eye on the bucks since bogut was drafted. but thats about it.

Other teams I am mildly pulling for

Clippers-their fans atlast deserve something better. With Griffin and Gordon on board they should not screw this up. But their owner usually makes ours looks like a philanthropist in comparison

Thunder-Durant is one of the likeable stars. Except of course when they play the Jazz

Cavaliers - They stink now. But I do hope that they rebuild real fast and shove it up Ledouche's rear.And show the rest of the league something.

I don't see how it'd be traitorous if you like the players that were formerly on the Jazz. They're still the same players.

Anybody that says otherwise is clearly a moranic, Harpring-voting text-in poll Jazz fan.

Anywho, I don't watch a ton of NBA outside of the Jazz, but I do follow the Bulls, Nets (now, just to see how DWill is doing) and actually am enjoying watching the Melo-less Nuggets. I'll never root for the Lakers because they're the Lakers. Won't root for LeBron because he's a megadouche. Won't root for Chris Bosh because he's a ninny. Won't root for Garnett because he's a punk, and won't ever root for any player that sells out and joins a superpower team because they don't want to do it on their own, like a real man.