What's new

Send Lindsey back to Texas

mellow

I've had my fill.

Two wasted seasons. Stripped the team to nothing, but not by trades, he let them walk for nothing. However he did manage to keep the coach he never meant to keep who Won just enough games to ensure the jazz got left out of the top players in the draft. A month later the only coaching candidate Lindsey can scrum up is Boylen, Oh, I guess he should get alittle credit, He did manage to draft an undersized pg who only measures above average in ego,but on the other hand He couldn't sign Hayward to an extension, and his only FA signing was John Lucas III.

What has he done to keep his job? That is a great question, let's see he has brought about 50 players who will never play in the nba into SLC for workouts, paid out cash to a a few college coaches to conduct a 'workout', taken three or trips to Europe to 'Scout' even though he pays two guys hearty salaries to do that.

He I talks about the Jazz not skipping steps in a rebuild, well I think firing the GM is a pretty normal step in a rebuild....it's time to get it done.

I will say this about Lindsey............He is a master at using the 300 word limit when 10 would work just as well. The guy can say a whole lot of nothing just to make a point. I have been less than impressed with his interviews on the radio. I'm still waiting to see if his actions do the talking, cause his use of the English language have been less than effective.

If Dennis trades us up in this draft I will love him.

Mostly I am hoping one of these stupid franchises ahead of us makes a bad pick. Or Wiggins, Embiid, Parker and Exum all have career ending injuries the first NBA game they play.

Back away from the ledge, mellow. Lindsey ain't done yet.

And if Dennis weren't around, we'd be looking at a team of:

Millsap/Kanter
Favors
Hayward/Carroll
Foye/Burks
Mo Williams

Corbin would still be the head coach. The Jazz may have made the playoffs with their veteran team, or just missed and gotten the 12th pick again. Cap space? There is none. Millsap got $10M/per, Favors got his $12M. Foye, Mo and Carroll weren't cheap either. And now it's time to choose between Kanter, Hayward and Burks. Jazz can keep two, but not all three. Millsap and those mid-tier vets have used up the available money. Guess Burks will be expendable because I hear Stauskas will be great value at #12.

Don't you think the lottery is rigged?

Are you upset that Lindsey didn't have sex with Silver or something?

Wouldn't be wise to wait and see about the new coach, draft picks and free agent signings before you throw Lindsey out with the bath water? He says he has a plan and I want to see it before passing judgement. I am sure Ty put a ***** in the plan, but Lindsey will work it out.

I'm not sure I like Lindsey either. He should have fired Ty last season. Now the coaching crop is heavily picked over. We ended up winning meaningless games resulting in a worse draft pick. He has stunted the progress of the core and put us in a position to be quite a bad team for the foreseeable future. If he doesn't make some huge moves this offseason i'll be on the bandwagon to get him fired.

A good manager would have one the lottery!

Agree, It's completely Lindsey's fault.
And it's his fault the Jazz won 26 games. Biggest mistake was letting Tinsley go and signing Garrett. And had he just followed Philly's example, we could have gotten 2nd-round picks for Hayward, Kanter and Favors. That would have EASILY made the Jazz finish worse than Orlando. Just think what a team of Burke, Burks, Exum and Gobert would do next year...CHAMPIONSHIP for sure!

Long time lurker, don't post enough, but you know what? I like you, Mellow. I mean, I think your take here sucks, but I like you. You're all "live in the moment" style. I mean, if the lottery balls gave us a top pick you would be all Team DL. But instead we got what we really should have received, and you're angerballz. I feel you on that. You're like a cat. You like cats? I have two. And of the two, I am convinced one is autistic. But they are sooo present, you know?

Anyway, we should drink sometime. And the Jazz will be fine. Really.

I'm not sure I like Lindsey either. He should have fired Ty last season. Now the coaching crop is heavily picked over. We ended up winning meaningless games resulting in a worse draft pick. He has stunted the progress of the core and put us in a position to be quite a bad team for the foreseeable future. If he doesn't make some huge moves this offseason i'll be on the bandwagon to get him fired.

Ty stayed so that we could have the #5 pick in this loaded draft. Randle would have been the top pick last year if he had gone straight from high school - that's how loaded the draft is this year.

Ty stayed so that we could have the #5 pick in this loaded draft. Randle would have been the top pick last year if he had gone straight from high school - that's how loaded the draft is this year.

I like randle as much as the next guy but if high schoolers were allowed to enter nba, it would have been wiggins, parker, then randle (or exum)

This is kind of how I'm feeling this morning
tattoo.jpg
without the headache, just the regret.

I use the jazz as an outlet, and my Thriller-esque rantings from yesterday reflect the culmination of real life stresses. Jazzfanz is cheaper than alcohol, easier on the liver too, but unlike the foggy haze of drunkeness when I flip my lid here there is no way to hide it.

So mods can we lock this thread? Maybe move it to the "It never Happened" forum?

No? Well, then I think I'll just step away for a little while. Maybe by the time the actal draft rolls around this little number will be buried three of four pages deep.

Catch y'all later.