What's new

Seriously, what are the chances?

Tony

Contributor
That the Jazz sign Durant in the off-season? Seriously. He doesn't seem to me the type of guy/player that cares about the flashy lights of a big city and he's friends with Karl Malone, who is a mentor to him. Starting lineup with Durant is sick and there's no question that it's instant Finals with Durant in there... Exum, Hayward, Durant, Favors, Gobert...? Daym. He's gotta at least consider that sexiness...!!

There are several teams where if Durant were to sign there, would become instant contenders. Considering that much of the league has cash to burn, slc likely falls to the bottom of the pile.

Why would he sign here when in theory he could sign WITH LeBron somewhere like LA.

Jazz have zero chance.

Exam, Neto, Ferrell
Hayward, Hood, Valentine
Durant, Lyles, Ingles
Favors, Booker, Maker
Gobert, Withey

tumblr_m9dwalI79k1r9rieno1_500.gif

Also, they're taking Valentine, Thong Maker and Yogi.

There are several teams where if Durant were to sign there, would become instant contenders. Considering that much of the league has cash to burn, slc likely falls to the bottom of the pile.

Why would he sign here when in theory he could sign WITH LeBron somewhere like LA.

Jazz have zero chance.

Yeah right, he wouldn't sign with LeBron. ***** plz.
Jazz could sign him to a max contract along with other teams not like that takes them out of the race.

Thanks, I already hate this off-season.

No, I doubt Durrant would do that, I think he has too much pride and courage for that, but it is exactly what James would do. James won't win a title again this year and he is going to bolt, or demand the cavs blow up the team and remake it again with James' superfriends. Flip, I hate the NBA offseason.

Jazz could sign him to a max contract along with other teams not like that takes them out of the race.

which is exactly my point. jazz can't overspend for him since they can only pay the max just like everyone else. LA + Max Money + another Max Star vs. SLC + max money + 3rd tier players?

no contest, IMO.

That the Jazz sign Durant in the off-season? Seriously. He doesn't seem to me the type of guy/player that cares about the flashy lights of a big city and he's friends with Karl Malone, who is a mentor to him. Starting lineup with Durant is sick and there's no question that it's instant Finals with Durant in there... Exum, Hayward, Durant, Favors, Gobert...? Daym. He's gotta at least consider that sexiness...!!

99.9%.

I am the driver of the KD Kart. Welcome aboard!

"But he did shoot some teams out there that he made me sign a confidentiality form that I couldn’t tell nobody. He’s got a few teams that he will be looking at.”

"You’re trying to get me to really answer the question," Perkins said. "I can’t answer that. I want to, but I can’t. I mean, I don’t know. I do know, but I don’t know."

"[The Thunder] win it all, he can’t leave, in my opinion," Perkins said. "But if they don’t, it might be time for a change."
https://espn.go.com/blog/boston/cel...es-got-a-few-teams-that-he-will-be-looking-at

.. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Utah isn't glamorous, but winning in the NBA is and once you start winning perceptions will change quickly, so this could be a good fit for him,he's going to the Hall of Fame so were talking about getting him for his prime years.. They could offer to surround him with one of the top defenses in the league..

Kahwi Leonard would no longer destroy Hayward because he'd have his hands full with KD.. The ramifications of a move like this are incalculable.. It'd probably add quite a bit to the franchise value..

OKC owes Utah their 2018 pick too..

the team would be a matchup nightmare across the board..

Last edited:
1%.

Lindsey seems like a bright guy and we have a legitimate pitch to make.

Exum
Hayward-Hood
Durant-Luwawu
Favors-Lyles
Gobert

Those 8 are a great core. That would give Durant a legit 5-7 to win it.

This thread and the posts in here are ridiculous.

Yes, we somehow have a chance to get Durant AND keep Hayward. :rolleyes:

Him and Karl Malone talk a lot, that is about the only hope we have.

“I’ve gotten close with Karl Malone, who’s called me numerous times when he can see on TV that I’m struggling, feeling bad after a loss. He can tell.”

Kevin, get closer to Malone and come to Utah. The number "35" looks really close to "32" so you can even look like Malone (minus all the muscle).

1%.

Lindsey seems like a bright guy and we have a legitimate pitch to make.

Exum
Hayward-Hood
Durant-Luwawu
Favors-Lyles
Gobert

Those 8 are a great core. That would give Durant a legit 5-7 to win it.

Maybe we trade Burks for Tyson Chandler off the bench for a legit leader/presence too.

Exum-Mack-Neto
Hayward-Hood
Durant-Luwawu-Hayes-Ingles
Favors-Lyles-Booker
Gobert-Chandler-Withey

This team could legit win 60 games next year and win it all in 17-18.