What's new

Shaq in Utah?

Call me crazy but Shaq is still out there, yeah Atlanta looks to be his new home, but if he coould come cheap, the Jazz ought to hire him. He could teach Fess how to be a center.

If this happens, all interviews for Shaq and Fes need to be done with both present. It would be comedy gold.

Fes > Shaq?

Shaq can hold on to the ball. .I think him and sloan would get along fine. Shaq has respect for the greats. He is tough too so of course sloan would like him and shaq is funny in locker room but hes a vet so he doesnt get out of line

We should definitely sign Shaq so we can have someone who will compete with Gaines for worst free throw shooter on the team.

Call me crazy but Shaq is still out there, yeah Atlanta looks to be his new home, but if he coould come cheap, the Jazz ought to hire him. He could teach Fess how to be a center.

I think the Jazz should explore all options when thinking of players. That said, there are some options I could give a **** about. Shaq is one of those options. **** him and **** everything he stands for.

Off court-wise, I don't have any problems with Shaq in Utah. On court, though, I see where Shaq is and just cringe at his defensive inadequacies. Have to say no because of that.

Shaq is slow but he is one of the best low-post passers in the game. He is big, but might clog the lane on offense, not just defense. We need to give Jefferson as much room to work with as possible. Although, I wouldn't mind Shaq as a bench guy. Bring him in for certain match-ups.

Doubt Shaq comes to Utah. After Lebron and maybe Wade he is the next biggest NBA endorsement player. Coming to Utah will not help that.

Shaq will never come to Utah, simply because it's Utah. The end.

I hate the guy, but that doesn't mean I would sign him if we could get him at a reasonable price. But there's just no way he'd come here.

Shaq > Fess. Considering that our team has been getting nasty with its recent signings, this wouldn't surprise me. I'd love him as a 20 MPG player.

I don't think he has or will cross KOC's mind. Before Jefferson I think it would have been ideal. We should have traded Andrei for him last year. I think an Okur/Shaq frontcourt is better than Okur/Boozer, though I'm sure 95% disagree. If Sloan used him correctly (i.e. never w/Jefferson) it could work, but Shaq has started in all but 9 games in his career.

The problem with Shaq is that everyone wants to compare him to what he used to be then say he sucks in that regard. If he were the same person but averaged 13/8/2 his whole career, we'd be drooling all over ourselves at the thought of landing a "savvy vet" who can clog the middle.

With regard to him not helping his previous two teams, this is apples and oranges. Shaq does not fit in to a fast-paced offense. Put him on the Jazz and after 5 games everyone will have sipped enough Kool Aid to deem KOC a god among men for the resurrection of Shaq.