What's new

Shot Charts of top guys

Litany

This may be buried somewhere but i found it interesting. Gordon not good in mid-range as we know. Looks like he is good on the right side of the perimeter. Vonleh is tabbed as "unknown" lol. Thought that was funny. Wigg looks good and Stauskus, damn. Would be stoked if we could trade up for Stauskus somehow. Klay 2.0?

andrewwiggins1152.jpg

noahvonleh1152.jpg

aarongordon1152.jpg

joelembiid1152.jpg

juliusrandle1152.jpg

marcussmart1152.jpg

dougmcdermott1152.jpg

nikstauskas1152.jpg

Here is the article, : https://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nba-draft-illustrated-shot-charts-for-the-lottery-picks

Doug McDermott is the best player in the draft. Right?

I'm not sure anything would deflate me more than "With the 5th pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, The Utah Jazz Select Doug McDermott"

Vonleh would be close to that, but McDermott at 5 would have me distraught for months.

So what in the Hell posseses Aaron Gordon to launch up a three from the left hand side of the court?
Stauskas would be a very nice complement to Burks.
Want no part whatsoever of Vonleh.
This is probably the single most useful piece of information I have seen on the draft for a long time. Repped.

Last edited:
I hope they take gordon for lots of reasons. One of the many reasons is to hear the announcers say burke up the court to burks in the corner, kick out to gordon on the wing to gordon in the paint for the dunk. Or something like that anyway.

San Antonio swings a deal to get McDermott. Next year everyone talks about how we should have taken McDermott.

You guys mentioned a couple things that stood out. What I found most interesting perhaps was how strong Wiggins' mid-range game was on the right side. All red. That's very intriguing. The mid-range game is sort of a lost art and if that translates to the NBA and he can work on his shot (I think he will) on the other areas of the floor, wow. It also doesn't hurt that his shots in the paint are all orange. I'd like to see some red for a guy that athletic (especially when you see all red for Smart) but I really have to feel good about all orange too.

Lattimer delivers.
Jabari has balanced shooting touch.
Aaron and Vonleh = meh
Marcus Smart is efficient close to the rim. (Can he do the same in the nba? I don't think so.)
Stauskas is the ****. He will be gone when Jazz draft with the 23rd pick. :(

Posrep inbound.

Sorry but Vonleh is 48.5% from three on 1.1 attempt per game. How would his efficiency be below average from the few spots that he picked to shoot? I didn't know that NCAA players average 60% from these spots to make him below average in efficiency

Fun to watch that video of stauskas hitting like 92/100 high school threes in 5 mins. Kid can shoot

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Yea I was hoping the GS pick would have been higher so the Jazz could get either Staukas or McDermott. I hope Bogdanovic is a Jazz man. He can shoot too. These shooting charts help me like a player more like Parker and dislike a player more like Vonleh. I knew Gordon would be great but he isn't as bad as I thought.

McBuckets gets unfairly labeled as the good shooting white guy in the draft and seeing inevitable comparisons to Morrison/Redick. The truth is that he's worlds more athletic than those guys and while he will never be a defensive juggernaut, he's going to carve out a long career of making opponents pay. When you can shoot the ball, you will continue to see paychecks.

Think a rich man's Kyle Korver; he's going to play 15 years in the league.

Worries me that this "Stretch 4" bidness has been overblown about Vonleh.
You realize he didn't play that position right. He played out of position at C at Indiana
Sorry but Vonleh is 48.5% from three on 1.1 attempt per game. How would his efficiency be below average from the few spots that he picked to shoot? I didn't know that NCAA players average 60% from these spots to make him below average in efficiency

this confuses me too

I'm not sure anything would deflate me more than "With the 5th pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, The Utah Jazz Select Doug McDermott"

Vonleh would be close to that, but McDermott at 5 would have me distraught for months.

It wouldn't bother me at all to draft McBuckets. A few years from now we may find out he would've been a great pick at five. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if hes a multiple time Allstar. Not comparing him to Lary Bird, but dudes a gamer like Bird.