What's new

Should Ainge be part of the Jazz?

Should Ainge be in the Jazz FO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is reminding me of when I worked as an engineer at Nike headquarters for a few years. When I was interviewing new candidates they straight up had a checkbox on the review form asking if the interviewee came in wearing adidas branded clothing.

Also had to sign an agreement to only wear Nike, converse, or Hurley branded clothing (or non-visibly branded stuff), or you would be asked to leave.

Crazy times lol
You'd here stories like this around here every now and then where a Coors worker would be fired because their boss caught them drinking Miller at a bar on their off hours.

It's corporate worship at its worst.

Earned it? They didn't accomplish anything until he left. He built some star studded teams that turned out to be nothing more than duds.
Come on man... don't be this dense. Pretty much every single player on that Boston roster was drafted or acquired by Ainge. It's OK to give him credit for series of good decisions. Noone is saying he's perfect or he didn't make mistakes, but come on... Trading down from the consensus no. 1 pick to 3 to draft the best player in the draft and acquire an additional high pick was a ballsy and very astute decision. Drafting Brown who at the time huge majority of draft analysts thought shouldn't even be top 5 pick was a great decision. Smart, Robert Williams, Grant Williams, Pritchard, Nesmith... This team is almost completely built by Ainge. It's OK to acknowledge the truth.

It's also... not like this team didn't reach the Eastern Conference finals just 2 years ago, when their core was even younger... and it's not like he hasn't built a championship team in the past, too. Lets not **** on people who do a good job and if nothing else at least are trying to compete at the highest level...

The things that bother me about Ainge is 1) he's part time 2) it's been reported that he's burned relationships in the past 3) he was brought in because he's Ryan's friend.

The things that bother me about Ainge is 1) he's part time 2) it's been reported that he's burned relationships in the past 3) he was brought in because he's Ryan's friend.
Yes, those are much more legit reasons to be skeptikal of Ainge...

Anyone who voted yes in this poll, is a disgrace to the franchise or a BYU fan.

You mean to tell me, the guy who STOLE the Jazz's best asset to Boston, which was a HUGE setback for the franchise...deserves any part of this?

He, his son, his son who tried to run for office...to hell with em all. Let em go graze with the rest of the heffers in Provistan.

Too busy for day to day **** like after season interviews... but ends up going to Boston games and hanging on the court like it was his team. Rumored to be hanging out at US Open... just not the time for this. I get they need to have a life but we got a lot of balls in the air.

Too busy for day to day **** like after season interviews... but ends up going to Boston games and hanging on the court like it was his team. Rumored to be hanging out at US Open... just not the time for this. I get they need to have a life but we got a lot of balls in the air.
Our balls are in his court.

I don't really blame Danny. I blame Ryan for allowing a part time employee be the main decisions maker. We have a three headed brain trust and all of them are part time.

I don't really blame Danny. I blame Ryan for allowing a part time employee be the main decisions maker. We have a three headed brain trust and all of them are part time.
I blame em both. Even seasonal part time employees need to be available for full time hours during busy season.

I'm going to rush the court and glue my hands to the floor during summer league to protest Ryan's mismanagement of the franchise.

Come on man... don't be this dense. Pretty much every single player on that Boston roster was drafted or acquired by Ainge. It's OK to give him credit for series of good decisions. Noone is saying he's perfect or he didn't make mistakes, but come on... Trading down from the consensus no. 1 pick to 3 to draft the best player in the draft and acquire an additional high pick was a ballsy and very astute decision. Drafting Brown who at the time huge majority of draft analysts thought shouldn't even be top 5 pick was a great decision. Smart, Robert Williams, Grant Williams, Pritchard, Nesmith... This team is almost completely built by Ainge. It's OK to acknowledge the truth.

It's also... not like this team didn't reach the Eastern Conference finals just 2 years ago, when their core was even younger... and it's not like he hasn't built a championship team in the past, too. Lets not **** on people who do a good job and if nothing else at least are trying to compete at the highest level...
Do you thing it's coincidence that we were 20-8 when we hired Ainge, 26-9 two weeks after, then finish below .500 at 23-24 the rest of the way?

I don't. Something changed drastically in this teams confidence, mannerisms, and commadare. The team was one of the better teams pre Ainge. Two weeks after his arrival the wheels fell off. It's not coincidence imo. Say what you will but this team was hard to watch the second half of the season and completely became disinterested and like they didn't want to even play. Was the writing maybe in the way for Quin? Why did this team go from being really good to flat out hard to watch?

As far as Boston, I think they underperformed the last few years outside of his one championship season just as we did. He literally was once known as "Trader Danny" at one point.

I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

Last edited:
I'm going to rush the court and glue my hands to the floor during summer league to protest Ryan's mismanagement of the franchise.
Use a nail gun. It will get more attention, it will take a lot longer to get back to game action, and you won’t have to wait for the glue to dry.

Use a nail gun. It will get more attention, it will take a lot longer to get back to game action, and you won’t have to wait for the glue to dry.
In fact, you could have your buddy nail you to center court in a crucifix position. If you didn’t accomplish any goals in highlighting Ryan’s mismanagement, at least we’d have a few decades of the best NBA memes.

Do you thing it's coincidence that we were 20-8 when we hired Ainge, 26-9 two weeks after, then finish below .500 at 23-24 the rest of the way?

I don't. Something changed drastically in this teams confidence, mannerisms, and commadare. The team was one of the better teams pre Ainge. Two weeks after his arrival the wheels fell off. It's not coincidence imo. Say what you will but this team was hard to watch the second half of the season and completely became disinterested and like they didn't want to even play. Was the writing maybe in the way for Quin? Why did this team go from being really good to flat out hard to watch?

As far as Boston, I think they underperformed the last few years outside of his one championship season just as we did. He literally was once known as "Trader Danny" at one point.

I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.
Losing Ingles had a bigger effect on that imo.

Isn't Zanik still the GM and Ainge is just an advisor?