What's new

Should the Jazz name the arena after Jerry Sloan?

pappyman

He is the Utah Jazz. I think that it would be the ultimate honor to do this for him. He deserves something like this. Thoughts?

im pretty sure the countless advertising dollars spent by energy solutions corp suggests the name won't change anytime soon.

im pretty sure the countless advertising dollars spent by energy solutions corp suggests the name won't change anytime soon.

They should rename it after this season's team: The "Sometimes Have Energy, but No Solutions Arena."

They could still call it "Jerry Sloan Arena by Energy Solutions" or something like that. I just think that something of this type of magnitude needs to happen for Jerry.

You guys have got it all wrong. You know how the best bench player is always the Subway Sub of the Game. Well how about the worst sub being awarded the "Jerry Sloan Irrational Sub" of the game.

They could still call it "Jerry Sloan Arena by Energy Solutions" or something like that. I just think that something of this type of magnitude needs to happen for Jerry.

lol i'm sure the ppl at energy solutions would be all for it

How long before they announce a statue of him is going to be erected? What number do they retire in his honor?

I think some teams have named the floor or the actual court after a revered figure so they could keep the revenue from the sponsors like ES. I could see that happening. If Larry were still here I could guarantee you Jerry would get a statue, with Greg I am not so sure, although Gail is still around so maybe she has some pull to continue Larry's legacy. I think Sloan has earned at least what Stock and Malone did. Hard to separate the three of them and do any one of them justice.

I think they retire number 23, the number of years he was head coach.