What's new

Should the Jazz Punt Game #1 vs Houston

Jack Strop

Rubio with a strained hamstring. Jazz on very short rest.
Players have to be physically and emotionally drained after the huge win against OKC.

Quin should definitely have Rubio sit out, IMO. And play the other starters their regular minutes in the 1st half. But if Houston gets a big lead in the 3rd, just concede by going with the backups.

There is no punting on purpose but I would sit Rubio for sure and let Exum play all he wants. We are losing first game anyway, may as well let Exum develop some kind of confidence for future. If he sucks , then just sit his *** for the rest of the playoffs and let Mitchell and Ingles manage the PG until Rubio is back full strength.

After watching what Mitchell pulled off and how he lead his team, I concede nothing.

I might also suggest the Jazz punt games 1-4 so at the beginning of next year everyone if fresh. Time heals everything.

It’s the playoffs at no point should you punt. Ever!

I'm guessing folks have forgotten The Jazz are undefeated when Royce/DM start in the backcourt .

Not saying The Jazz will win but no need to lay down either .

At this point Exum is struggling to get the team into the offense, let alone execute. Burks deserves his minutes .

I'll be shocked if we win this one. Unless we go in with too little time to think about it, and are loose.

I really hope we can steal a game there and come back to our place TIED 1-1. Can you imagine the arena for game 3???

We should rest Mitchell until game 4. Play Exum at the one, Udoh at the 2, David Stockton at the 3, Burks as the stretch four, and 50 year old Karl Malone at the 5. Punt now and rest the main guys so they are ready for preseason.