What's new

Should they change the name of the Utah Jazz to just "Deron Williams"

Meh.

Ever watch the Lakers before they got Gasol and Bynum? They were such a one manned team that Kobe had to score 82 points for them.

Ever watch the Cleveland Cavs?

Ever watch the Miami Heat (before the Big 3 but after Shaq, Walker, and Kapono)?

The problem is, Deron's not quite the scoring guard that those players are. He's the "point guard" that distributes the ball. Although he can score, I'm not sure he's the one manned show that can will this team to a championship without any help.

The Jazz desperately need to pull off a big trade bringing someone like Steve Jackson or Wallace in to help Deron out.

Could you imagine what our offense would be if Deron were injured? Would we even score 50 points?

This is a minimum 2 star league, if no one else on the team can step up and be the second star, then something must be done before its too late

These type of games make me fearful of Deron leaving Utah. He does all he can and still can't win. I know its not easy to win everywhere, but I think his mentality is he will go wherever it takes to win.

Jefferson was supposed to be the other pillar but he's looking like a paper tiger. Dude needs to get his **** together.

Jefferson was supposed to be the other pillar but he's looking like a paper tiger. Dude needs to get his **** together.

I think he's been pretty solid so far in the sense that he's averaging 16+ and 8+ a game. Plus he's getting a lot of blocks which is limiting scoring opportunities for other teams. All while trying to learn a new and complicated system.

My only qualm with Jefferson is I wish he were more consistent. He seems to go off in games (i.e. 23 pts, 11 rbs, 7 blks) or have games like he did last night.

I hope that as he gets more comfortable with the system, and gets older (He's only 25) he'll become a consistent 20-10 guy for us.

I think he's been pretty solid so far in the sense that he's averaging 16+ and 8+ a game. Plus he's getting a lot of blocks which is limiting scoring opportunities for other teams. All while trying to learn a new and complicated system.

My only qualm with Jefferson is I wish he were more consistent. He seems to go off in games (i.e. 23 pts, 11 rbs, 7 blks) or have games like he did last night.

I hope that as he gets more comfortable with the system, and gets older (He's only 25) he'll become a consistent 20-10 guy for us.

Like was said above, this is a 2 star league. 16 and 8 is respectable but it is not star material. We're over 30 games into it. He's learned the new system and that excuse is well worn out.

I say trade either AJ or Millsap + a token or two for a serious scoring and defensive threat that is consistent. I'm not fireselling here, or hating on AJ or Millsap, but something has to happen unless we're all happy with a 2nd tier team. First class = Heat, Celtics, Spurs, Mavericks, + Fakers maybe. We're sitting coach with New ****ing York and the Bulls for hell's sake. Hope and Change.

Like was said above, this is a 2 star league. 16 and 8 is respectable but it is not star material. We're over 30 games into it. He's learned the new system and that excuse is well worn out.

I say trade either AJ or Millsap + a token or two for a serious scoring and defensive threat that is consistent. I'm not fireselling here, or hating on AJ or Millsap, but something has to happen unless we're all happy with a 2nd tier team. First class = Heat, Celtics, Spurs, Mavericks, + Fakers maybe. We're sitting coach with New ****ing York and the Bulls for hell's sake. Hope and Change.

Very solid post.

I don't know. The radio feed has a constant remedy of the Jazz's woes of pushing the ball up the court. When an up tempo game isn't initiated you play into the hands of a Portland and the Jazz's O stagnates as players stand around.

That onus is on DWill to get the O running.

I actually think big al is playing better than millsap. No one can complain about millsap being undersized when we have a 6 ft 10 center who gets 10 rebounds a game almost eevery time. Also he blocks shots.

I don't know. The radio feed has a constant remedy of the Jazz's woes of pushing the ball up the court. When an up tempo game isn't initiated you play into the hands of a Portland and the Jazz's O stagnates as players stand around.

Blaming Williams for last nights loss. Incredible.

Sahlensguy, pay no attention to the troll. He'll start thumping his Vinyl Bible if you do. I hear it has four whole chapters. Deep stuff.

-I saw 2 instances in the first half where Deron was pushing the ball but only had 1 player filling the lane with him.
-2 of Deron's 4 3pters in the 1st-half were pull-up 3's in transition.
-In the 1st-half Deron pushed the ball and made a great wrap-around bounce pass to AK underneath the basket who fumbled it out-of-bounds (a TO credited to Deron).

The Jazz love to run at home. A staple of Delta Center/ESA basketball is challenging a long jumpshot and then releasing up-court for a layup. Problem is when you don't have a dominant defensive rebounder (Malone/Boozer) you can't leak out. That happened in the 2nd qtr when CJ challenged a Matthews jumper and leaked out, but Portland was able to corrall the long rebound. Utah's guards have to come back and gang rebound (not that it's working) so we can't get easy baskets off runouts - which usually lead ito big runs and eventual blowouts in SLC.

Also, Jefferson's performance has been far too inconsistent and innacurate (47% FG when every shot is w/in 15-feet of the rim) to be considered "solid." If you want to contribute it to him still learning/adjusting to our offense, fine. But 31 games in you can't say he has played solid basketball.