What's new

Shower Before Bed or Shower Before Leaving in the Morning?

Shower Before Bed or Before Leaving For Work?

• Total voters

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Simple question.

I've always been a fan of a simple formula... that is: Wake up, drink coffee, poop, shower, go to work.

I think there are some major strengths here. First, it just leverages many natural processes. After I wake up I want coffee. Drinking coffee makes me need to poop. I poop, now I have a dirty bottom regardless of proper toilet paper use. I shower and clean my bottom. I go to work and don't have to worry about having a stinky booty.

Seems like a slam dunk.

I know some people who don't want to sleep in their bed when they are dirty. I can also imagine romantic reasons for not wanting to go to bed when you're not clean.

So which is it?

And there's no cheese option. If you want cheesy booty this is not the thread for you.

2 things here.

1. Get a bidet. One of the best purchases of my life has been the bidet I bought spring of 2020. I got worried About the TP shortage and bought a bidet. Should’ve bought one years ago. It’s to the point now that I feel anxiety about traveling because then I’ll have to actually wipe (which never cleans it, just smears it around and I have to wipe again). I’ve been told that adding more fiber to your diet can help with this. But I never seen to get enough fiber so then it takes forever to wipe. With a bidet? I’m in and out in seconds and it’s clean (no stinky smell).
2. I shower everyday in the morning before work and usually again at night. Is that too much? I love feeling clean.

It's not consistent for me. I like to shower after I workout primarily. Sometimes I don't have time or don't go to the gym. Sometimes I take shower to wake myself up. Sometimes I take a shower to relax myself for bed. Sometimes I like a shower after sex. Sometimes I skip a shower. Sometimes a catch a whiff of myself and immediately shower. Sometimes I take a shower before going out at night if I'm meeting up with people. When I'm traveling if I have a nice bath tub in my hotel I'll take a bath. I miss having a bathtub.

Bidets are nice. But they take forever and you still have to wipe after. But things are much cleaner down there.

My showers are almost exclusively after the gym. I work from home so no need to be at my best freshness for that

But if I was in that situation it'd be before bed.

So you're a germaohobe, ocd, really smelly, clean freak, something else?

I can’t fathom going to bed dirty. Dirty sheets. No way. And in the mornings, I just feel the need to to wake up. I usually drink about 20 ounces of cold water, shower, get dressed, drink a little more cold water, and then leave for work, getting my coffee on the way…though I did get a bean grinder from Santa and want to start buying kickass beans.

I can’t fathom going to bed dirty. Dirty sheets. No way. And in the mornings, I just feel the need to to wake up. I usually drink about 20 ounces of cold water, shower, get dressed, drink a little more cold water, and then leave for work, getting my coffee on the way…though I did get a bean grinder from Santa and want to start buying kickass beans.
So a bit of a clean freak, haha. No adult business in bed as well? Keep those sheets clean! Do you require your wife to shower before bed too?

But to be fair that's reasonable. I know plenty of people who do that. Sometimes I shower a couple times a day. But I make up for it with skipping showers as well, especially in the winter. Also no way I'm showing after going out for drinks. I try to mix up my schedule. I don't like having the same schedule. It's boring and bad for your brain.

I shower once a month whether I need it or not. Sometimes with the water running. I once used something akin to soap. It was weird.

For the past two years, I'm a creature of routine. Wake up too early, hour on the treadmill, shower. Every workday personified.

Time passes and doesn't when you're working from home.

Wake up, exercise (relatively recent development), shower, breakfast, and back to the bedroom to go to work.

I used to do both but since the pandemic and working at home I just spray off in the evening before bed.

My chronic illnesses make showering painful and exhausting, so I don't do it often. Maybe every 3-5 days, depending on when I have to be around people. Working at home has been great.

Dry shampoo and leave-on body cleanser are my new friends. It also helps that I don't sweat like normal people. Rarely do, even when exercising. Causes body temperature control issues, though.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

My chronic illnesses make showering painful and exhausting, so I don't do it often. Maybe every 3-5 days, depending on when I have to be around people. Working at home has been great.

Dry shampoo and leave-on body cleanser are my new friends. It also helps that I don't sweat like normal people. Rarely do, even when exercising. Causes body temperature control issues, though.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ugh, I’m very sorry. Life can be so cruel.