What's new

Sign and Trade Hayward to Boston?

LoPo

If Boston is trying to put together a super team AND if Hayward is intent on joining that, wouldn't it make sense for both sides to pull off a sign and trade? Honestly, I admit that I don't know the new CBA rules regarding S&T very well.

Would this be possible:

Hayward
for
Tyler Zeller's expiring, Jae Crowder's super friendly contract and maybe some lesser 1st rounder from the stock they have in the future?

Why for Hayward - he gets the biggest contract

Why for Boston - they get Hayward and shed Zeller's $8 million which is huge for targeting another big piece this off-season. Losing Crowder stings, but where does he fit with Hayward and another star wing joining the Celtics? Is he happy getting massively demoted? Seems to me Boston covets Brown, their top draft pick, Bradley and maybe even Smart more. If Boston would rather trade Smart instead because they cant afford him long term, then so be it.

Why for Utah: Zeller doesnt help much, but we would take his expiring if it meant getting a Crowder, Smart or a pick. Crowder becomes an instant starter for us. Smart would too. Regardless, this is better than losing Hayward for nothing.

Thoughts?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Why is Hayward agreeing to make his team weaker?

S&T don't happen anymore because the benefit is extremely marginal for the player.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app
#1 Hayward gets more money. That makes the "leaving Utah" decision that much easier.

#2 Losing Zeller doesnt make them worse, it actually gives them an opportunity to make them better.

#3 Boston gets rid of a 7th or 8th best player (Crowder or Smart) so you get Hayward and have additional funds.

#4 This is tiny, but Hayward might feel more justified to his Jazz fan base and reputation if he doesnt leave for nothing. Much like Bosh when he left Toronto for Miami.

I don't take zeller!! if we're are going to help Boston get Hayward the most money and open enough cap space. We start with Brown and if they won't give brown, I want a minimum of Bradley/Crowder in a s&t.

Also with a sign and trade, will Boston need to clear enough cap space to give Hayward a max or can they go over?

I don't take zeller!! if we're are going to help Boston get Hayward the most money and open enough cap space. We start with Brown and if they won't give brown, I want a minimum of Bradley/Crowder in a s&t.
If Boston can just sign Hayward straight up, then they will. If we can take Zeller to help them out, they would need to give us an asset. I just dont see Brown being available in that scenario. However, Crowder (losing his starting spot) and Smart (last year of deal) might be expendable.

If Boston is trying to put together a super team AND if Hayward is intent on joining that, wouldn't it make sense for both sides to pull off a sign and trade? Honestly, I admit that I don't know the new CBA rules regarding S&T very well.

Would this be possible:

Hayward
for
Tyler Zeller's expiring, Jae Crowder's super friendly contract and maybe some lesser 1st rounder from the stock they have in the future?

Why for Hayward - he gets the biggest contract

Why for Boston - they get Hayward and shed Zeller's $8 million which is huge for targeting another big piece this off-season. Losing Crowder stings, but where does he fit with Hayward and another star wing joining the Celtics? Is he happy getting massively demoted? Seems to me Boston covets Brown, their top draft pick, Bradley and maybe even Smart more. If Boston would rather trade Smart instead because they cant afford him long term, then so be it.

Why for Utah: Zeller doesnt help much, but we would take his expiring if it meant getting a Crowder, Smart or a pick. Crowder becomes an instant starter for us. Smart would too. Regardless, this is better than losing Hayward for nothing.

Thoughts?

Would only work under old CBA

Max contract is 4 years with 4.5% raises for S&T. Hayward cannot get the money Jazz can offer in a S&T agreement.

So he can get more through a sign and trade rather than just signing but not as much as staying?

I think it is the same S&T and what he can get with another team -- 4 years, 4.5%. I'd have to check the details in the CBA to confirm. Maybe one of our capologists can tell us.

No.

Our goal shouldn't be to help Boston while hurting our own team. If Boston wants Hayward they'll have to sign him.

Number 4 is what an inferior mind thinking person would say. It's funny.might be one of the funniest thing I have ever read on here and that says something yes I'm sure GH is concern and doesn't want Jazz fans to hate him. We all know what happens when he leaves and it don't matter how he leaves but people li!e you will blast him and call him names I saw it with my boy Dwill. If he leaves he will be disrespected here no matter what or no matter who they get in return . HiStory repeats itself

QUOTE=LoPo;1432066]#1 Hayward gets more money. That makes the "leaving Utah" decision that much easier.

#2 Losing Zeller doesnt make them worse, it actually gives them an opportunity to make them better.

#3 Boston gets rid of a 7th or 8th best player (Crowder or Smart) so you get Hayward and have additional funds.

#4 This is tiny, but Hayward might feel more justified to his Jazz fan base and reputation if he doesnt leave for nothing. Much like Bosh when he left Toronto for Miami.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app[/QUOTE]

Leaving Utah decision lopo is because he wants to compete for chips and knows he never will in utsh.Like I said the Lakers will win another chip before the jazz even sniff their first one#lakernation#purpleandgold#rings#nomormons

Honestly, there's nothing I want on Boston's roster. IT is great, but he's not leading his team to a championship. I'd only want their #1 pick, that's about it.

#1 Hayward gets more money. That makes the "leaving Utah" decision that much easier.

The extra money is minimal. Players want shorter contracts with the escalating salary cap every year. All the other points pretty frivolous. Ainge could get something decent for Crowder on the open market, he would not like that throw in at all.

We all know what happens when he leaves and it don't matter how he leaves but people li!e you will blast him and call him names I saw it with my boy Dwill. If he leaves he will be disrespected here no matter what or no matter who they get in return . HiStory repeats itself

NCJ says things that even he could not possibly believe. Analogizing DWill and Gordon is extraordinarily bad.