What's new

Sign Jordan Clarkson to a lifetime contract!

Jazzman12

2108A4F8-14FD-438F-8EF7-E70F8CCA86F4.jpeg
JC just tweeted this this morning.

I’m sorry, but with everything that’s gone down this summer, this hit me right in the feels. I understand that Gobert wanted to stay here his entire career, and while the package we got in return from Minny was astounding, sending him away was pretty tough to swallow.

On the flip side of the coin, Quin had cold feet about staying here and couldn’t be swayed by an extension offer that would have made him one of the highest paid HC’s in the league. Donovan was respectfully quiet this offseason, and I’ll always give him his props for that, but it’s no secret that he wanted to get the **** outta here asap.

Since Clarkson arrived in Utah, he’s pretty much done everything that has been asked of him, has had a great attitude about it, has been awesome in the locker room, and even chose to return when he had a chance to leave in free agency.

Last season was painful to watch. Players who couldn’t even pretend they wanted to be here or even play with each other for that matter, guys we depended on as stars giving ZERO effort defensively and a coach that definitely started phoning it in once he realized he had lost the locker room.

Regardless of what this year brings, I’m looking forward to watching a group of guys who play their asses off, a coach who is eager to establish his culture and a front office who obviously has a plan on what they want to do moving forward.

Thank you for that tweet JC. I think A LOT of Jazz fans needed to see that today.

That tweet could mean a lot of things, maybe he was talking about being with his family, maybe he was talking about the National team he's been playing for recently, maybe he knows he's being traded to LA or somewhere else, or maybe he really was talking about the Jazz. Who knows. I personally hope we can find new landing spots for him, Bogey and Conley...I'm sure none of them want to be on a tanking team at this point in their careers. Hopefully we can find better situations for all of them while simultaneously adding more assets to our war chest.

Clarkson is cool and fun,but he also was a huge reason why Utah morphed into a selfish self creation team. We need to trade him.

There is more truth to this than most fans are willing to admit because they love JC and because he's so fun to watch. His selfishness offensively and lack of effort defensively were a huge problem.

That tweet could mean a lot of things, maybe he was talking about being with his family, maybe he was talking about the National team he's been playing for recently, maybe he knows he's being traded to LA or somewhere else, or maybe he really was talking about the Jazz. Who knows. I personally hope we can find new landing spots for him, Bogey and Conley...I'm sure none of them want to be on a tanking team at this point in their careers. Hopefully we can find better situations for all of them while simultaneously adding more assets to our war chest.
Beasley is almost surely in the LA deal since he is mentioned all the time... but would you do Mike, JC, Bogey for Westbrook Nunn and a first (plus maybe some seconds). Clears the whole cap... clears the log jam... keep the young Minny guys.

Beasley is almost surely in the LA deal since he is mentioned all the time... but would you do Mike, JC, Bogey for Westbrook Nunn and a first (plus maybe some seconds). Clears the whole cap... clears the log jam... keep the young Minny guys.

I don't know...I still feel like we should get both of their firsts for taking Westbrook off of their hands and giving them 3 good players to surround Lebron and AD. If it gets close to training camp and we haven't found better deals for those guys, I would probably cave and do it.

I don't know...I still feel like we should get both of their firsts for taking Westbrook off of their hands and giving them 3 good players to surround Lebron and AD. If it gets close to training camp and we haven't found better deals for those guys, I would probably cave and do it.
Yeah... Front office Priority #1 now is tanking the eff outta this B this year. Priority #2 is collecting picks and young players. Priority #3 is cap flexibility.

Sorry to break it to you man he’s been informed he’s headed to Los Angeles to play for the Lakers.
I would not be surprised if you are correct but there were people on this board 100% positive that the deal with Donny and the NY was a done deal.

I would not be surprised if you are correct but there were people on this board 100% positive that the deal with Donny and the NY was a done deal.

Every national media source in the world thought the same. Quite a few of us knew a Donovan deal was coming.

I’ve had this dream for a while, but it seems more realistic now that we’re tanking: JC gets to play all 48 minutes of a game this season, and is the only one on the team who gets to shoot. The other team isn’t allowed to double him. It’s basically the extreme of what the Suns did for Devin Booker against us a few years ago.

I love JC, but the time has come to move the vets to teams that can compete and collect positive assets at the same time. I’d actually be very surprised if he’s not included in a trade with the Lakers should they Jazz go that route. He’s a Klutch guy. It would make sense that LeBron, inc. would want him as part of that deal.

JC is Los Angeles would be a marketing bonanza. His contract with LuLu Lemon would love it and he would pull a ton of marketing money. Plus he has a California vibe the fans would love.

View attachment 13002
JC just tweeted this this morning.

I’m sorry, but with everything that’s gone down this summer, this hit me right in the feels. I understand that Gobert wanted to stay here his entire career, and while the package we got in return from Minny was astounding, sending him away was pretty tough to swallow.

On the flip side of the coin, Quin had cold feet about staying here and couldn’t be swayed by an extension offer that would have made him one of the highest paid HC’s in the league. Donovan was respectfully quiet this offseason, and I’ll always give him his props for that, but it’s no secret that he wanted to get the **** outta here asap.

Since Clarkson arrived in Utah, he’s pretty much done everything that has been asked of him, has had a great attitude about it, has been awesome in the locker room, and even chose to return when he had a chance to leave in free agency.

Last season was painful to watch. Players who couldn’t even pretend they wanted to be here or even play with each other for that matter, guys we depended on as stars giving ZERO effort defensively and a coach that definitely started phoning it in once he realized he had lost the locker room.

Regardless of what this year brings, I’m looking forward to watching a group of guys who play their asses off, a coach who is eager to establish his culture and a front office who obviously has a plan on what they want to do moving forward.

Thank you for that tweet JC. I think A LOT of Jazz fans needed to see that today.
I frickin love this guy from the time he arrived, to the time he showed me (at least) that he could take anybody on the team one on one; to the time he was the unknown fan, lol; and to all the times he's carried that crappy Philipines' team. Dude's the best! Here Jordan, you supposed to be here....please don't leave!!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FVpeZC4ZI