What's new

Since #12 is gone who is your top target at 42?

seattlejazzfan

I'm hoping either Papagiannis or Zagorac drops or that LeVert is completely healthy and can pick up where he was before injury.

Also, FTR, I think the Jazz try to get into the end of the first for a draft and stash euro (maybe one of the two I mentioned above), but for now we have #42 - so who do you want?

Last edited:
My top target is to be drafting before the end of the 1st round. I want to trade up using our plethora of 2nd rounders and/or Burke to get one of those tiny guaranteed contracts.

I'm the biggest Payton II homer out there but that won't be happening now that we traded for Hill. :-/

With our initial 2nd rounder we could stash Qi or draft Bolomboy to replace Booker.

I'm the biggest Payton II homer out there but that won't be happening now that we traded for Hill. :-/

With our initial 2nd rounder we could stash Qi or draft Bolomboy to replace Booker.

Qi is playing in NBA next season

I really like Payton as well, but yeah, that isn't happening now.

Valentine's stock has been falling with his Knee injury. Would be awesome if we could package some of Burke/Neto/Mack/42/52/60 for a pick in the mid to high twenties to hope we can get him

Caris LeVert PG/SG (Michigan - Senior)

But I have not given up hope on a 1st rounder...

Chad FordV
‏@chadfordinsider Chad Ford Retweeted Marc Stein
Draft picks for sale! By my count that's picks 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, & 21 on the market

I'm concerned that with all the teams trying to win now, the Spurs will buy some draft picks cheap and reload again.

Remember how there were 15 draft picks for sale and we got George Hill for the 12th in a buyer's market? Ha ha ha! Attaboy Dennis!

I feel like I am going strapless and still supporting! It's like I am cheating gravity.

But seriously folks, if 'our guy' falls in the draft. Dennis will be there to pick that up. Trey Burke for a late 1st rounder makes sense for some teams. He is a good player even if he didn't fit our system. My suspicion is that we aren't out of the first round yet either.

Caris LeVert PG/SG (Michigan - Senior)

But I have not given up hope on a 1st rounder...

Chad FordV
‏@chadfordinsider Chad Ford Retweeted Marc Stein
Draft picks for sale! By my count that's picks 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, & 21 on the market

I'm concerned that with all the teams trying to win now, the Spurs will buy some draft picks cheap and reload again.

Tells you how the GMs are viewing this draft. DANGEROUS.

We need to trade up an NAB/Steal Thon Maker

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I would like Maker too. I just don't see the market with Trey Burke. He was benched for Neto so perhaps Neto is the guy who has more value.

Jazz can sign another solid vet to sure up the bench and take a swing for the fence with Maker.

Qi/Maker/Brogdon are my guys at the end of the 1st/early 2nd. If we could get Brogdon and one of Qi/Maker I'd be ecstatic.

Zipser is interesting too

I think Trey Burke or even Neto has some trade value as a backup. Windhorst just reported that the Bucks are prepared to pay Delly $10M as a free agent for heaven's sakes. I will say if we get back into the first round it should be for Juan Hernangomez.