What's new

Sixers/Kings trade

YB85

Banned
Contributor
Chad Ford tweeted that the Sixers are trading Sam "Okur for" Dalembert to Sacramento for Nocioni and Hawes.

yeah I just saw that tweet also. I wonder why they are doing the trade before the draft? does that mean that neither team are willing to trade down anymore or maybe both are doing team overhauls.

Anyone else read that as Sacramento clearing out space to draft Cousins or Monroe?

In my initial post, I wrote "does this mean they're drafting Cousins"? but then wondered why this would even matter. Dalembert is a rental to clear money. Then again, Cousins supposedly killed it in his workout there, hitting 78% of his shots.

It matters because now they're not going to feel like they need to develop Hawes anymore, or figure out if they want to pay him when his rookie deal ends.

This may also have lowered the price to get up to #2, fwiw, since Philly just cleared some room. Taking Brand back as an absolute requirement may have been softened.

This may also have lowered the price to get up to #2, fwiw, since Philly just cleared some room. Taking Brand back as an absolute requirement may have been softened.

I still think that's a stone-set requirement. #2 is pretty nice, and getting out from under that albatross will be hard to do without the enticing #2.

Kings-Sixers trade

Confirmed on ESPN https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5297829 . This could shake up things for the Jazz...Cousins and Monroe could both fall to the 6-7 range, but more importantly Evan Turner might slip to 3. It's unlikely the Jazz could get up that high, but it is more likely than moving up to two! Also, Green Room invites are going out (DraftExpress) and it will give us some good insight who is likely to be at the tail end of the lottery.

Chad Ford speculated that this might mean that the Kings are going to draft Gordon Hayward. At #5? He might as well write in the article "I believe Geoff Petrie is an idiot."

Chad Ford speculated that this might mean that the Kings are going to draft Gordon Hayward. At #5? He might as well write in the article "I believe Geoff Petrie is an idiot."

Post bookmarked for future humiliation.

Maybe the Kings will not draft Cousins or Monroe. Maybe they won't trade down. They could just pick Aminu or even <cough cough> Babbit.

I'm going to privately enjoy the thought, about 10 months from now, of you sheepishly deleting that bookmark while it goes unused.

I am going have to have your back on this one Kicky. If Gordon Hayward turns out to the be the 5th best player in this draft I would be stunned.

On the trade, it makes me certain that Cousins is going to Sac-Town.

I will be stunned if Hayward earns more on his second contract than on his first (if he even gets a second contract).

And I'm not sure what to make of this trade for the Jazz besides that trading up for #5 seems less likely now. Conversely, #2 looks a lot more available now as having Nocioni and Brand is the biggest waste of $64.5-72 million... ever? Good for the Sixers, though, if they're willing to spend. I guess.

PHilly just got rid of 12.9 Million of inconsistancy for 6.8 million for 2 years and a young big that has shown some signs of being a player. Nice work philly.

Draft is a week out, probably many more trades to come. Sure glad I'm a Jazz fan so I don't worry about any of that.