What's new

SLC Summer League Game 2: Cavs v. Jazz

View attachment 7559

Here is a blurry image of JWF from my seat in row 6. Thanks Utah Jazz for putting on a show that a poor guy like me can enjoy from up close.
Nice. I was lucky enough to sit on row 2 right behind the Jazz bench in the regular season against the Wizards 2 seasons ago. It is a totally different perspective watching so close. Snyder can curse with the best of them!

I've got to say the oddest thing was watching the regular Jazz players off the court.

Exum walked in with a friend and they sat right behind the jazz bench but hardly spoke to anyone....staff or fans.

Royce made an effort to engage fans and staff.

Mitchell should run for president because he draws energy from the adoration. It energizes him. Clearly Donovans show and all the other players were riding along...untill Rudy showed up.

Rudy sat down in Donovans group, they all acknowledged him and gave him deference even Donovan to some extent.

I'm a lefty too, it's why I'm so deadly from mid-range. NBA 3 range and at least a 5-inch vert.

#signlogtothevetmin

The NBA adventures of Big Log.

giphy.gif

I've got to say the oddest thing was watching the regular Jazz players off the court.

Exum walked in with a friend and they sat right behind the jazz bench but hardly spoke to anyone....staff or fans.

Royce made an effort to engage fans and staff.

Mitchell should run for president because he draws energy from the adoration. It energizes him. Clearly Donovans show and all the other players were riding along...untill Rudy showed up.

Rudy sat down in Donovans group, they all acknowledged him and gave him deference even Donovan to some extent.
I'm not surprised.
This is the back to back DPOY's team still after all. He is still the best player on the jazz. Probably not for long though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

JWF did some good things, and as has been mentioned his ability to generate a shot seemingly at will is a positive.

But biggest deal for me, there was one pick and roll he ran in the 4th quarter, and his eyes stayed locked on Bradley. When the big defender dropped JWF read it, kept going to the hole waiting for the chance to throw the lob, and when the big never stepped up he hit a floater.

Monday night he wasn't even trying to read anything, he was too caught in the headlights. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in it, but from my angle you could see his mind working on the read, if he can pick up that skill, he might have something.