What's new

slcdunk.com: putting Kanter revenge game in perspective

You think Enes Kanter played worse on purpose?

Did I say that? It was very apparent to anyone watching his third year after seeing how he played in his first two. The kid's an entitled jack-***, and the second the Jazz shipped off TWO ALL-STAR CALIBRE players for him, he kicked back and regressed. The attitude that just because you're drafted you should get to play significant minutes regardless of context or performance is frankly offensive. I don't have the slightest understanding of your ilk. This is bigger than some former Jazz player saying stupid things in the media. Dude is a spoiled brat crying because he pissed himself. And I'm thrilled to be rid of him, return on investment be damned.

My prediction: Kanter's "happiness" in OKC won't last long. When Kanter is fully exposed in the playoffs for being the worst defensive big in the NBA, he'll start feeling the heat from his teammates, media, and fans. The warm and fuzzy feeling he's having right now will wear off...
Once a crybaby, always a crybaby. Good riddance.

Rule 1 of a revenge game: If your team doesn't win you don't get revenge. I wouldn't have cared if Kanter went 60/30/10/5/3 with 0 turnovers and gave his jersey to a Make-A-Wish kid at the end of the game. OKC still lost the game.

It's stuff like this that show this writer is obviously just as emotionally invested in the situation as many of the fans and players:

When he got called for his second foul and he lined up in the box his right eye started twitching like crazy. Longtime observers would remember that this was his default nervous tick that he developed because of external stress -- he had it for MOST of his rookie year in Utah.

Moni, jazzfanatical, is also upset by the fan reaction.

https://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/2015/03/29/enes-kanter-returns-to-salt-lake-city/

My message to those feeling sorry for Kanter:

For those arguing that Kanter has no right to be unhappy with the Corbin years, you're wrong. He has every right to be upset about it. Hell, you can even argue that we has the right to be upset with Quin (although, I think defense should not be optional, just saying).

But this does not validate or excuse the trade request (which fans gave him A PASS ON!!!!!) and the **** talking to the press. Some members of the press may have liked the guy, but guess what gullible members of the media, you were ****ing had. He played you like a fiddle. He was not your friend, he was telling you what you wanted to hear, just like most players do. These guys are not your friends, they are your co-workers and they could give 2 ****s what the media think of them as long as they write nice things about them.

So for the media members that feel soooo bad for Kanter. Sack up and drop the emotional sob story. That's for fans, and if you're letting your fandom interfere with your job you're doing it wrong.

It's stuff like this that show this writer is obviously just as emotionally invested in the situation as many of the fans and players:

Moni, jazzfanatical, is also upset by the fan reaction.

https://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/2015/03/29/enes-kanter-returns-to-salt-lake-city/

My message to those feeling sorry for Kanter:

For those arguing that Kanter has no right to be unhappy with the Corbin years, you're wrong. He has every right to be upset about it. Hell, you can even argue that we has the right to be upset with Quin (although, I think defense should not be optional, just saying).

But this does not validate or excuse the trade request (which fans gave him A PASS ON!!!!!) and the **** talking to the press. Some members of the press may have liked the guy, but guess what gullible members of the media, you were ****ing had. He played you like a fiddle. He was not your friend, he was telling you what you wanted to hear, just like most players do. These guys are not your friends, they are your co-workers and they could give 2 ****s what the media think of them as long as they write nice things about them.

So for the media members that feel soooo bad for Kanter. Sack up and drop the emotional sob story. That's for fans, and if you're letting your fandom interfere with your job you're doing it wrong.

I don't know what the **** he's talking about. I don't recall any time during Kanter's career when his eye wasn't twitching. It's just a tick that has nothing to do with us stressing him out.

You are right, Kanter is literally Hitler. Thanks for showing how wrong I was.

#1 kudos for Godwinning this bitch so early. Well played.

#2 FINALLY you get it. And I was beginning to think you were dense or something.