What's new

So Harden,Eric Gordon, and CJ McCollum withdraw from Team USA

At the start of this thread I didn't want DM to play, but I have changed my mind. At this point he would be one of the faces of the team for marketing purposes, and he should have a larger role. Also, playing for the team now makes it more likely he is included on the Olympic roster.

As for Conley, I actually don't mind the idea of him and Mitchell getting some game reps together. Hopefully Conley doesn't play to many minutes, but this is probably the only chance he will ever have to represent his country and is likely to be the greatest honor he gets his entire career (having never made All star or All NBA teams). Reminds me of this story about how important the Olympics were for Michael Redd. https://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/20/sports/olympics/20araton.html
I could be alright with Conley being on the roster but hardly playing. We need him rested and healthy coming into the season. Need.

At the rate of withdrawings, Don would get more star advice if we send him into the Rico Hines' runs

My personal thing is let the athletes do what they want. Don's living his life right now and if he makes the team, then I'm happy as hell for him. Conley is coming to a new city and new system and may want time to get acclimated. However, he may also want to do it if he's called. If so and he makes it, I'm happy as hell for him. Beyond that, it would be a good time for him and Don to practice more together, so I don't see a downside there. It's their show and it's not my place to tell other folks how to live.