What's new

So Herriman is on fire again..... as is the rest of the western US

It started because of a guy working on his car. My sister in law just helped her friend get out of her house before it burnt down. Crazy.

wow

Is the world coming to an end really?

I had to go do some work up in Roosevelt this week and there was smoke everywhere. At the end of the night, before the sun went down, it was bad. You could look right at the sun, it was just a red dot. I couldn't see a source of smoke, so I assumed it was from the Colorado fire.

I bet the state is regretting legalizing arial fire works. It's going to be really dry this year and hot. Watch out.

wow

Is the world coming to an end really?

I had to go do some work up in Roosevelt this week and there was smoke everywhere. At the end of the night, before the sun went down, it was bad. You could look right at the sun, it was just a red dot. I couldn't see a source of smoke, so I assumed it was from the Colorado fire.

I bet the state is regretting legalizing arial fire works. It's going to be really dry this year and hot. Watch out.

Ironcially I was watching a piece on the news on how gun owners are all uppity about the Governor possibly putting a temporary ban on firearms due the extreme fire danger. (Not saying it was fire arms that started the Herriman fire.)

Ironcially I was watching a piece on the news on how gun owners are all uppity about the Governor possibly putting a temporary ban on firearms due the extreme fire danger. (Not saying it was fire arms that started the Herriman fire.)

Then it's a goverment conspiracy. The feds are lighting fires so they can ban guns. It's Obama fault.

Awl6o7kCMAIFTjJ.jpg:large

Houses going down quick.

Obviously, when the state gets this dry there needs to be restrictions and maybe even bans on fireworks, shooting, and campfires.

True, you can't outlaw stupid. Accidents are bound to occur. This one, seems like an accident. Started by someone's car, right?

But it sure does seem like having some tighter restrictions sure wouldn't hurt right now. At the very least, it would help people feel safer.

I'm actually surprised nothing really has happened on the east benches yet. That grassy brush crap is so dry and is ready to all go up in flame. Next week could be brutal. We all know a few more fires are gonna start from some idiots lighting off fireworks.

Good thing global warming is just liberal propoganda, otherwise we might be getting more catastrophic weather events.

Good thing global warming is just liberal propoganda, otherwise we might be getting more catastrophic weather events.

So because we are repeating the heat wave of 1910 a hundred years later global warming is the cause?

I was driving south on Bacchus highway a little after 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon and saw smoke coming off the hills behind Herriman. Not much, it must have been early in the fire, so when I got home (a couple of hours later) I turned on the news, and yeah, I'm positive I heard multiple reporters say that more than 30 homes had burned.

Good thing they don't let crap like "the facts" get in the way of their reporting.

Last year they were skiing until the 4th of July.

True. Last year was really wet. It rained a lot, and we had a lot of snow.

It seems to be pattern to have a really wet year, then really dry the next..

My take on global warming.....

I wont claim to know if we are hurting our atmosphere with carbon dioxide production. I dont think scientist community really even knows either. There is a lot of different opinions on the matter. Also it is hard to trust any source now because of all the propaganda out there. So I am not sure what the truth is. And I wish we had more honest people out there, because this is potentially a serious issue. I dont know how anyone could just shrug it off, even if you suspect foul play. We only get one planet. Its not something we can just over look and risk a man kind extinction. Regardless of who the source is. Its kind of like a bomb threat from some anonymous source. You have to take it serious regardless.

I dont like the idea of giving up gas engines either, but it may be a reality.

My opinion on what could be going on in the weather is that Im sure climate changes over time everywhere. Thats why you see lakes and other bodies of water that dry up overtime.. Seeing the climate change around you might be perfectly normal. But then again, I dont know.

I just wish more of mankinds actions werent so selfishly money and politically driven.

Not cool that a few powerfull men could and would jeopardize mankinds future for their own personal gain.

If you talk to someone on the right they seem perfectly willing to chance it. Which is just crazy considering where they get there information. Like propaganda pushers such as fox, limbaugh, and others.

Before you bash me about being a Liberal, I am not. I have many conservative values along with liberal values as well. I dont like what either side fully stands for I think both are a bunch of brain washed lunitics who irrationally create fueds and divide the people.

I believe most people actually share the same values and making sure the planet survives, Im very sure is a shared value among everyone. We cant let political noise affect rational thinking.

Global warming should be taken seriously if we have any inclination that it could be true.