What's new

So john stockton started a podcast

"Go through our intensive 5 week indoctrination camp and then tell me you don't believe Tom is a prophet."

Thanks for posting! Will check it out!!!

It’s great to see some professional athletes willing to speak the truth when they know they will be attacked for it.
Hello brand new member fresh to the web site. Welcome aboard! Great to have fresh new faces and new perspectives.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

The present era’s all out assault on virtually all sources of received wisdom and authority does have consequences, no? The sources of knowledge in science, in medicine, in interpretations of human history, all under attack as “elites”. Conspiracism as the new default thinking mode. Attacking and abandoning knowledge derived from the “elites” is an attack on rationality and human reason.

That’s going to have long lasting consequences in every area of knowledge attacked and rejected by conspiracism.

It will be very hard to walk back from crap like this. Just as it will likely forever be impossible to return to a time when we, by and large, believed our elections were fairly run. I was not stupid enough to buy into Trump’s election lie. No matter now, though. Of course I now believe Republicans in red states will do everything they have to do to steal the 2024 election. I expect it now. They’re consequences to abandoning rationality, abandoning facts.

You do get to a point where it’s well nigh impossible to reverse the damage. And anybody that thinks conspiracism as the default thinking mode for solving problems is the way to go is helping inflict possibly irreversible damage on our democracy, and on a rational functioning to the marketplace of ideas…

Why the hell are we doing this to ourselves?

It’s great to see some professional athletes willing to speak the truth
It’s absurd to see professional athletes helping to lead the replacement of human rationality with irrational conspiracism. You really have to be as dumb as dirt to embrace conspiracism as your default mode of thought….., and an irresponsible idiot to think you’re somehow important enough to spread these “truths”.