What's new

So this is why Spence hasn't been on the radio...

Nah, I think it's good here, personally. I don't go to that other forum much.

This bums me out. Took me a while to like the guy, but I quite like him and news like this just isn't good.

On Monday about 1:30 a.m., a Utah Highway Patrol trooper stopped Checketts on northbound I-15 at 7300 South after radar showed a car driving 120 mph in the 70-mph zone, according to a probable cause affidavit.

When the officer approached the passenger door, he "observed a beer can on the floorboard" and smelled "the strong odor of alcohol" as the driver rolled down the window, the affidavit states.

Holy ****.

Also, this is apparently at least the third infraction of this type. Sweet Jesus.

This is his 4th DUI. I hope he gets his **** together, but I have no respect for him at this point. Lock this scumbag away.

This is his 4th DUI. I hope he gets his **** together, but I have no respect for him at this point. Lock this scumbag away.

Honestly locking him away might help him get better. I wouldn’t think alcohol is easy to get in prison though I hear about homemade alcohol in prisons from the movies. Don’t know how often that really happens though.
Maybe prison is just what he needs

Scumbag? The guy has a problem with booze. It doesnt make him a bad person.

Sure it does. People have all sorts of problems. Pedophiles have a problem too. How they act on those urges is what, fairly or not, defines them in many ways.

Checketts has been arrested four times previously for DUI. This is his fifth. He put lives in danger not only by getting behind the wheel but then by compounding that and driving 120 miles per hour. That’s a decision he made, drunk or not. So yeah, it makes him a scumbag.

Terrible to hear. I really liked his takes on the Jazz. I hope he gets his life together. 4 DUI's is ridiculous. Get your *** into rehab or AA before you kill somebody.

Honestly locking him away might help him get better. I wouldn’t think alcohol is easy to get in prison though I hear about homemade alcohol in prisons from the movies. Don’t know how often that really happens though.
Maybe prison is just what he needs
Forcing someone to be sober from alcohol does nothing to help them get better. They have to decide to stop drinking and work on it the rest of their lives. Prison doesn't work for alcoholics. That said he should be in prison because of his stupidity in drinking and driving.

Doing this makes him a piece of ****. Endangering someone else's lives because your an idiot makes you a POS, scumbag almost whatever else you want to call him. He did this to himself, nobody forced him to become and alcoholic. Nobody forced him to drink. Definitely nobody forced him to drink and drive. If this is his 5th offense then he needs to be locked up. And I have no problem calling him a POS.

It makes him an idiot for getting in a car while he is drunk. He is lucky he hasn't killed anyone yet. Dude needs help for his drinking issues but he needs some jail time for his history of DUIs.

Doing this makes him a piece of ****. Endangering someone else's lives because your an idiot makes you a POS, scumbag almost whatever else you want to call him. He did this to himself, nobody forced him to become and alcoholic. Nobody forced him to drink. Definitely nobody forced him to drink and drive. If this is his 5th offense then he needs to be locked up. And I have no problem calling him a POS.

It makes him an idiot for getting in a car while he is drunk. He is lucky he hasn't killed anyone yet. Dude needs help for his drinking issues but he needs some jail time for his history of DUIs.
I could care less if he's an alcoholic or not. If he chooses to drink, fine. But once he grabs his keys and gets on the road, he's committing a horrible crime. He IS a POS for driving while intoxicated. And he's a POS for driving 120 mph. He put a lot of innocent people at risk. The fact that he's not killed anyone in his fourth (or fifth) attempt at doing so just makes him extremely lucky.

Has he not heard of taxi's or UBER? I just can't believe he doesn't have an ignition lock. What the hell is wrong with the Utah legal system? Perhaps the fact he is Utah "royalty" means they've been more lenient than normal. Daddy and Mommy have likely been enablers. He won't get jail time; he'll enroll in some kind of treatment facility and have his license restored upon completion. Daddy will use his influence to see to that.