What's new

Some love for Rudy!

Woo hoo!! Way to go Rudy!! Well-earned and well-deserved.

* With a Defensive Box Plus/Minus of 5.1, Rudy led the entire NBA - ahead of Giannis (5.0), Myles Turner (4.7), and Anthony Davis (3.9).

* Rudy was 2nd in the NBA in Defensive Win Shares at 5.7 (behind only Andre Drummond at 5.9) (remarkably, Rudy was also 4th in the NBA in Offensive Win Shares -- putting him 2nd in overall Win Shares behind only James Harden and 2nd in Win Shares/48 behind only Giannis).

* With a DRtg of 100, he was also only 1 point per 100 possessions off the league's best starters (behind only Giannis, Noel, and Whiteside who each posted DRtgs of 99) (not to mention Rudy played significantly more minutes than any of them and had by far the best ORtg of all them at 133, giving him the best NetRtg of any player with starter minutes in the entire league at a whopping +33).

* Rudy was also 4th in TRB%, 6th in DRB%, 7th in ORB%, and 6th in BLK%.

I'm expecting perennial All Star recognition for the next several years . . . .

Happy birthday my Rudy ! He is 27 yo and just the beginning of his prime for at least the next 10 years to come.
Is he already our best jazz center ever or not yet? Or maybe our 2nd or 3rd but definitely will be the best if he carry on on his way!

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app

^Eaton was great with his blocks and defense. But he wouldn't be able to play in today's NBA where you can't even brush the jersey of a penetrating guard. Sloan had defense funnel players inside to be brutalized by the Mountain Man. Of course on offense, his role was just to get out of the way of Stockton and Malone.

Gobert has been the Jazz' best center ever for a couple of years now. He's a factor on both ends of the court. And I can't WAIT to see him with Conley. You can't leave Conley open to collapse inside. P&R with Gobert is going to really open up now that we have a shooter at PG. Jazz may as well start saving up for his statue...I think he and Donovan are Jazz lifers.