What's new

Some Observations about developments

illyasova

Kanter: Perfect to see he's making hockey assists when he feels the double team and not pushing it hard any more. His offensive game grows up immediately as he's not thinking what to do but just makes the move instead. Avoiding the quick fouls, moving better with good lateral quickness, boxing out his man all time and never losing his concentration are big plusses for him. His FG and FT percentage with his assists numbers really increased as it's good sign of being starter.

Burks: Pushing the tempo under the control is the biggest advantage for the Jazz. When the game 's tied or offense stucks his driving to the basket is key for us. His P n R game with Kanter on the high post is always good for us. It also opens the paint and provides good spacing for the team.

Favors: It's easier to understand his impact to the game when Kanter played with the small line up. He's defensive anchor for this team and helps a lot to cover Kanter's flaws on defense. Fast break points of the team all depends on his blockings, reboundings if not altering the shots.

Hayward: He's perfect on the open court and it's natural fact we play up tempo when the youngsters play heavy min so his brave drives increases his motivation and concentration to the game. It also helps him a lot while shooting cause when he finds his points, he shoots better. His high basketball iq helps Burks too to share the load on offense while creating something

I believe three man game with Burks-Kanter up high with pick and pop and Favors cutting to the rim and getting a lob pass from Kanter could be unstoppable.

Reactions: BHP
so next year we are gonna see more athletic team with high pace game while Favors and Kanter are banging inside. All we need is really good PG and some perimeter bench guys addition to Carroll ala Reddick, Delfino type. They can score immediately and open the low block for operation and offensive boards by our big men. Marvin's gotta go, Foye and Mo should be replaced with more qualified solid players. Then we can watch the fun by staring on tv.

so next year we are gonna see more athletic team with high pace game while Favors and Kanter are banging inside. All we need is really good PG and some perimeter bench guys addition to Carroll ala Reddick, Delfino type. They can score immediately and open the low block for operation and offensive boards by our big men. Marvin's gotta go, Foye and Mo should be replaced with more qualified solid players. Then we can watch the fun by staring on tv.

probably some wahsed up vets playing in front of them

I think the development team of the Jazz is excellent and maybe has gone unnoticed because of all your guys' bitching about the coaching staff.

-Kanter doesn't bring the ball down anymore. Runs the court.
-Favors' free throw shooting is improved. His game hasn't taken the step I wanted, but he's still young. I'll give him another year.
-Hayward has been excellent on all aspects. 3 point shooting much improved. He's developed a floater that he maybe needs to use more.
-Burks' improvement has by far been the largest. He didn't have the PnR last year, always had to dribble before passing and he's improved all those things. He's even learned to play without the ball (remember the clutch time cut he made off a Hayward pass?)

Anyways, yeah...the development of these group of players has been pretty awesome.

For the record I'm still 100% glad we didn't trade Burks for Eric ****ing Bledsoe as Locke suggested might be wise.

For the record I'm still 100% glad we didn't trade Burks for Eric ****ing Bledsoe as Locke suggested might be wise.

I still think there's a possibility for an offseason trade involving a S&T'd Sap and a pick or something, which I would still like.

I think the development team of the Jazz is excellent and maybe has gone unnoticed because of all your guys' bitching about the coaching staff.

-Kanter doesn't bring the ball down anymore. Runs the court.
-Favors' free throw shooting is improved. His game hasn't taken the step I wanted, but he's still young. I'll give him another year.
-Hayward has been excellent on all aspects. 3 point shooting much improved. He's developed a floater that he maybe needs to use more.
-Burks' improvement has by far been the largest. He didn't have the PnR last year, always had to dribble before passing and he's improved all those things. He's even learned to play without the ball (remember the clutch time cut he made off a Hayward pass?)

Anyways, yeah...the development of these group of players has been pretty awesome.

Burks has also appeared to have improved his shot.
The Four appear more comfortable together.
Carroll has improved as well adn provides things a team sorely needs such as hustle and heart.
Hayward has gotten much more consistant.