What's new

Something about Devin Harris

Bboy500 welcome to the board. Thanks for the insight. You said that Harris is a good defender. I haven't really seen that in the two games he has played. He did take a charge but Harris seemed to let his man get by him quite a few times. I think Harris does a really good job getting back on transitional defense but his half court defense looks pretty average. Since you have watched him more could you give us comments on what you think are his +/- on the defensive end. I like Harris a lot and I knew he wasn't just a throw in but I was pretty upset with the way the trade happened. I think you got a great PG (flawed) but great. Once his wrist heals you will see what I mean. DW shooting is the major reason why he is better than Harris. Harris shot doesn't seem to be as consistent. Again I am comparing him with a healthy DW. Good luck with the Nets. I was a huge fan of the Nets in the ABA with Dr. J. I liked them when they had Jason Kidd. I just hope the nets suck this year so the Jazz can get a better pick. lol.

Bboy500 welcome to the board. Thanks for the insight. You said that Harris is a good defender. I haven't really seen that in the two games he has played. He did take a charge but Harris seemed to let his man get by him quite a few times. I think Harris does a really good job getting back on transitional defense but his half court defense looks pretty average. Since you have watched him more could you give us comments on what you think are his +/- on the defensive end. I like Harris a lot and I knew he wasn't just a throw in but I was pretty upset with the way the trade happened. I think you got a great PG (flawed) but great. Once his wrist heals you will see what I mean. DW shooting is the major reason why he is better than Harris. Harris shot doesn't seem to be as consistent. Again I am comparing him with a healthy DW. Good luck with the Nets. I was a huge fan of the Nets in the ABA with Dr. J. I liked them when they had Jason Kidd. I just hope the nets suck this year so the Jazz can get a better pick. lol.

What i meant to say I guess is, he is good late in game defender. He does not do what he can do on defence till its absolutley needed. Atleast thats how it was in NJ.

1st-3rd quarter he would just be a average nba player on defence, some games being more lazy then others. But i have seen countless times him take charges when Nets are down by 4 with a minute to go. Or we would just take the lead and theres 40 seconds left, the other team is rushing up the court then D Harris would fly in in front of him, stand still and land the charge to get a possesion.

He actually one game this year got 3 charges in a row in the last 2 minutes of the game and it WAS the reason we ended up winning that game.

He also as you can see in some videos hustles a lot, on both defence and offense. If theres a loose ball and if he has a shot to get it, he will throw his body around and try to keep it alive. One of the many reasons he actualy get injured a lot. He would run full speed back to try and attempt a fastbreak block or if needed foul.

His plus would be, he knows how to take a charge properly and not a blocking foul, he is really quick to get back to Defence and can keep up with any point guard, he hustles and saves possessions.

His negetive would be consistency/lazy, he doesnt do much until he feels like he needs to. So because of this you dont really notice him some games, or not until the end of games.

I'm a Jazz fan living in Utah and the only people I hate are Patrick Kinahan and Steve Javie.

Ok. Im a jazz fan living in utah and i hate tom nissaulke and rossie odonell.

He is great at taking Charges and quick enough to defend most PG's in the game.

....I was always impressed with his ball denial defense when he played for the Mav's the year they went to the finals and lost to the Heat. But I was watching some highlights of that Pistons game and they were beating him off the dribble like he was a millstone standing in the lane! The Jazz are on TNT this week....I'll watch the whole game and will be in a better position to give you an authorized assessment of his defensive skills. But I always liked the kid.

Favors could definitely become a solid player, no superstar though. He would only regress in NJ to be honest with you. Our coach barley gave the guy minutes, he was in trade talks as soon as he got drafted, he had no idea where he was going to be, he had no will at ALL to play for the Nets, He would of developed with a losing mentality. I can name a ton of reasons why he wouldn't go far in NJ. But he can develop into a good solid starter in Utah.

As far as D-Will opting-out, yeah we all know we took a big risk. But Big risks if successful have big rewards, and thats what the Nets took. End of day we could lose D-Will and regret this trade I agree, But we were not going places with the roster we had before either.

What i would love to see: We keep D-Will and get another superstar (Maybe Dwight), Jazz Turn Favors into a success and bring back the former all-star Harris. Then we battle it out in the finals >:D.

Yeah, probably wont happen. But i would totally enjoy that!

Who are the Nets eyeing to get besides Howard, who is a long shot? They will need to make some bold moves this off season to sway DWill to stay.