What's new

Something about Devin Harris

Our Past:

ballsoffury02.jpg

Our Future:

ludacris_783791c.jpg

I think it is pretty fascinating that the media's original response to this trade (and many fans') made Harris look like over-the-hill filler. The dude is only 27, lightening quick, good defender, and, if he works with Hornecek on his shot, could easily have 5 LEGITIMATE seasons left.

I'm growing pretty tired of the MEGA-ATHLETE SUPERSTAR fetish.

I've been a Harris fan since his days in Dallas. It's a great pick up.

How was the health of Harris when he was with the nets? Was he injury prone?

Sadly, yes he was. He missed games every season as far as i remember (including this one when his own teammate fell on him hard). He also like to throw his body around a lot (he hustles and sacrifices himself to keep balls alive,blocks people, Forces contact layups, etc...)

But i would not worry about it too much. As i have said he had to do way too much by himself in NJ. I think injuries would be much less in Utah.

Thanks for joining up, and sharing some info. We both seem to be happy from this trade, but also we miss our former players a bit too.
GL next year to you guys. If you get another superstar to play with Deron I think he sticks around.

I love Harris. I love his hustle, his heart, and his talent. I'm very excited to have him and Favors in Jazz uniform. And I hope the Nets tank this year. But I also hope they add good players around him next year, so that he can compete for a championship.

Williams is a hard worker. He really wants to win, and I'm happy you guy were able to have him, instead of the Lakers or other douchy teams.

I may get flamed for this but I enjoy watching Harris more than Deron. Deron had this predictability about his game that Harris doesn't. Now, I'm not saying Harris is the better player, just more entertaining to watch. Is it the shoes!?

I may get flamed for this but I enjoy watching Harris more than Deron. Deron had this predictability about his game that Harris doesn't. Now, I'm not saying Harris is the better player, just more entertaining to watch. Is it the shoes!?
agree

Might be interesting for someone who's able to keep an open mind (possibly not me) and with a good eye for basketball (definitely not me) to also see if Deron's style of play changes now that he's with the Nets (allowing for the basic fact that the Nets have a suckier team than the Jazz...)

the Jazz this season (and last season) definitely seemed to slow things down and had less ball movement than a few seasons ago

agree

Might be interesting for someone who's able to keep an open mind (possibly not me) and with a good eye for basketball (definitely not me) to also see if Deron's style of play changes now that he's with the Nets (allowing for the basic fact that the Nets have a suckier team than the Jazz...)

the Jazz this season (and last season) definitely seemed to slow things down and had less ball movement than a few seasons ago

I know it's just one game but Deron looked just like the Deron we had playing for us last night. I don't expect him to make changes that quickly, though. I think he'll maintain his same playstyle and you won't see many adjustments other than the plays he's running in Jersey.

Welcome to the board, Bboy500. I hope we get to hear from you on a regular basis.

For the record, I am a Jazz fan, and I live in Utah. I don't hate other team's fans. There are, of course, a handful who hate, but most are okay people.

Vinylone always feels better when he can label and compartmentalize others.

I believe the majority of Jazz fans really liked DWill despite the recent drama and still wish him the best and root for him to have good games (but still lose of course).

I hope his hurt wrist doesn't sour NJ fans on how good he can be with out his jumper and 3 ball it limits his drive a bit as DWill is more deceptively quick, catches you off balance and uses his strength to get to the rack.

I'd like to get your opinion on DWill throughout this season as well, always nice to get different perspective.

PS
I know I'm still dreaming that DWill comes back after his contract is up.

Did anyone see the post game interview with Devin Harris on NBATV? After I tuned out Jerry Stackhouse (dbag), I was able to listen to Harris. He seems like a pretty nice guy and was well spoken. In three minutes, I swear he smiled and laughed more than Deron had over the entire 5.5 years with us. Was sort of refreshing. Liked watching him too. Fast, good ball handling skills and fun to watch. Deron is clearly better, but the drop off isn't as much as I had thought.

I was at the game last nite.

Harris played well.

I only have 2 concerns.

1. Seems to like to go 1 on 5 and out of control.
2. His passing is a second to late, misses the flow of it. Dwill is a phenom at passing.

Welcome to the board, Bboy500. I hope we get to hear from you on a regular basis.

For the record, I am a Jazz fan, and I live in Utah. I don't hate other team's fans. There are, of course, a handful who hate, but most are okay people.

Vinylone always feels better when he can label and compartmentalize others.
Ironic cause Viny lived in a compartment labeled "ugly dogs need a home too"

small-kennel-cab.jpg

I believe the majority of Jazz fans really liked DWill despite the recent drama and still wish him the best and root for him to have good games (but still lose of course).

I hope his hurt wrist doesn't sour NJ fans on how good he can be with out his jumper and 3 ball it limits his drive a bit as DWill is more deceptively quick, catches you off balance and uses his strength to get to the rack.

I'd like to get your opinion on DWill throughout this season as well, always nice to get different perspective.

PS
I know I'm still dreaming that DWill comes back after his contract is up.

Heh, Anything is possible. Just look at what Cliff Lee did xD But i don't know enough about him and Jazz to say if he will or wont.

Also everybody that is a Nets fan is keeping his wrist injury in mind. The fact He came out there last night and played 41 minutes + dropped a double double and could of had about 20 assists says enough.

Reason why I say could of is because we have a guy named outlaw (we call him outLOL) who went 4-13 and 0-6 for 3 pointers, and as far a is remember every single one of those shots he was wide open. We still have a ****** support cast to put around D-Will but i'm sure our FO is working on that.

Also glad to see i didn't get flamed, I like forums where i can come and just talk basketball with other fans. Jazz should smoke pistons tonight :D.

I don't hate everyone. Only the obnoxious Houston and Denver fans.
Welcome aboard, BBoy500. And thanks for your insight re: Harris. I took note of him when he was with Dallas and thought the Mavs shouldn't have traded him for an aging Kidd.
Unfortunately, I think the same can be said for your Nets. It's a huge risk thinking Deron will re-sign with the Nets and attract Dwight Howard. I think it more likely Deron opts out and goes to Dallas, where he's from. And giving up Favors? I think NJ is going to really regret that decision in 2-3 years.

Can't cheer for NJ, as DutchJazzer said, we're hoping the Nets remain where they are in the standings (or even drop below Toronto and Washington). But you seem like an intelligent poster. Hope you stick around.

I don't hate everyone. Only the obnoxious Houston and Denver fans.
Welcome aboard, BBoy500. And thanks for your insight re: Harris. I took note of him when he was with Dallas and thought the Mavs shouldn't have traded him for an aging Kidd.
Unfortunately, I think the same can be said for your Nets. It's a huge risk thinking Deron will re-sign with the Nets and attract Dwight Howard. I think it more likely Deron opts out and goes to Dallas, where he's from. And giving up Favors? I think NJ is going to really regret that decision in 2-3 years.

Can't cheer for NJ, as DutchJazzer said, we're hoping the Nets remain where they are in the standings (or even drop below Toronto and Washington). But you seem like an intelligent poster. Hope you stick around.

Favors could definitely become a solid player, no superstar though. He would only regress in NJ to be honest with you. Our coach barley gave the guy minutes, he was in trade talks as soon as he got drafted, he had no idea where he was going to be, he had no will at ALL to play for the Nets, He would of developed with a losing mentality. I can name a ton of reasons why he wouldn't go far in NJ. But he can develop into a good solid starter in Utah.

As far as D-Will opting-out, yeah we all know we took a big risk. But Big risks if successful have big rewards, and thats what the Nets took. End of day we could lose D-Will and regret this trade I agree, But we were not going places with the roster we had before either.

What i would love to see: We keep D-Will and get another superstar (Maybe Dwight), Jazz Turn Favors into a success and bring back the former all-star Harris. Then we battle it out in the finals >:D.

Yeah, probably wont happen. But i would totally enjoy that!