What's new

Sorry Jazz fans – Ben is the NBA Rookie of the Year

There is a reason he had the biggest +/- on the team. He was really big and important for us. His shot was a little off and he had some struggle but he opened the court up so much, played some decent defense at times, and caused Houston to have to completely change their defense strategy for the game.

They weren’t easy passes either... timing, looking off the defense through traffic.

He also took poor shots and turned the ball over. I'm not saying he didn't do anything great. Fish and I noticeably saw flaws in his game tonight.

Pretty unforgettable we’re the words I had a problem with... I will remember all those passes that dunk the timely three in the fourth... he collapsed the defense so well and opened everything up. I get that he had some bad drives.

Pretty unforgettable we’re the words I had a problem with... I will remember all those passes that dunk the timely three in the fourth... he collapsed the defense so well and opened everything up. I get that he had some bad drives.
Yeah, I won't forget his dunk any time soon. The point I'm trying to make is - Mitchell played well, but I've seen better from him. Especially on his shot selection.

Yeah, I won't forget his dunk any time soon. The point I'm trying to make is - Mitchell played well, but I've seen better from him. Especially on his shot selection.

Everyone seems to forget this happened only a couple of nights ago:

He did looked a step slower and a little hesitant tonight.

After that sprain Simmons would have asked to sit for another year, you know... "the process"

I actually want Exum to play badly tonight and the rest of the playoff so the jazz would not resign him this off season. The way exum has been treated by synder in the past 3 years is a disgrace and the Jazz don't deserve to have Exum. It is better for Dante's nba career if he joins another team, such as the spurs. Synder has ruined his nba career.
He's only 22 -- his problem has been injuries, not Quin.

Love ? Snyder played Mack and Neto ahead of Exum and gave him so many DNP~CDs in the past 3 years,. He also took Exum off the court straight away after Dante commited one mistake during the game. You call that love ? Seems more like a lack a trust and a dislike for Exum.

in the last 3 years ?? too true .. i hated every single DNP CD that Quin gave him in the 15-16 season

He also took poor shots and turned the ball over. I'm not saying he didn't do anything great. Fish and I noticeably saw flaws in his game tonight.
I hear you. Let's tamp down what we expect from him. He is not perfect, yet.

We should also take just a moment to remember that he is a true rookie, playing out of position, in the playoffs for the first time, with the outcome and the franchise on his shoulders, drawing the best defenders in the league, and wait for it

Beating them in crunch time. He makes mistakes, but when it comes to winning time
He
Is
Money!
Wow! Watch game 2 v Houston, and you can see the struggles, but you also see the heart and determination. This KID is our alpha leading the charge.

Feeling so pumped right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Mitchell did have a pretty forgettable performance for most of the night. Definitely not his best game and we still won and were in control most of the game.
Archie, I guess you missed those 7 assists in the first half and some other passes that were flubbed that also could've been points. You're too hard on Mitchell.

We should also take just a moment to remember that he is a true rookie, playing out of position, in the playoffs for the first time, with the outcome and the franchise on his shoulders, drawing the best defenders in the league, and wait for it

Yep. My mind boggles when I consider how good he will be in, say, two more years.

Who cares about the Rookie of the Year? Donovan is the greatest leader since Mel Gibson in Braveheart, to anyone who doubts him, I say this,

He lead us to the playoffs and you did not support him, he crushed Westbrick and Pushoff P and still you did support him, He invaded Houston and still you squabble amongst yourselves! He will bring you the title you've never had!