What's new

Spida Mitchell 7th Place All Time . . .

Very well could be true, but we shouldn't be extrapolating into a future that has yet to occur. He could become the GOAT and he could get injured and flame out. No one can predict the future.
No, bro, don't go THERE

the coolaid is over here.

The spida is not going to be another Jennings, or Evans, and flame out. He is going to rule the league. Let's just chill and enjoy the ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

No, bro, don't go THERE

the coolaid is over here.

The spida is not going to be another Jennings, or Evans, and flame out. He is going to rule the league. Let's just chill and enjoy the ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app
I very much expect DM to use these playoffs as his stage for showing just how damn good he is NOW. If he doesn't win the Final's MVP, it will only be because the award went to Gobert.

I really hate how "ghost posts" persist even after you decide not to post them and delete them. That is my single, biggest complaint against the software this site uses.

Thats reaching a bit IMO. prime deron was scoring 21.5 with 10 ast & 4 reb on only 15 shots. He got to the FT line a lot, and shot a decent percentage (21.1 PER) Prime Deron was really, really, really good.

Donovan took more shots and scored and assisted less. And he is our primary playmaker, so i don't necessarily buy that argument. he has the highest usage on the team, by a lot. His usage is just aimed at scoring.

Heres the thing though, its ridiculous that we can even have this conversation, because they are indeed comparable! Donovan at age 21 in his first season comparing to DWill in his prime, a multiple time allstar, in his 7th season!

Donovan has a chance to become the biggest star this team has ever had.

D Will was running Sloan's offense which allowed him to rack up those assist numbers. True, that requires talent which D Will had. But DM's assist rate is significantly less because of Snyder's system which allows two or three guys to run the offense (DM, Rubio, and Ingles). Rubio has also had career-low assists this year. While DM has had more freedom to shoot the ball (you say he has the highest usage on the team, which is true), D Will had high usage as a facilitator. D Will was not a 20+ point scorer until his partial season with the Jazz when he was traded -- that said, in Sloan's system it's remarkable that he was around 18 and 19 points a game.

DM looks like he could evolve into a 30 PPG player in a few years, and that's some rare company. Active players that are 30 PPG players: LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Wade and Harden.

I really hate how "ghost posts" persist even after you decide not to post them and delete them. That is my single, biggest complaint against the software this site uses.

Delete the post, then click the floppy disk icon on the post box and select "save draft".

Donovan’s flat out amazing and perfect for this franchise. He’s done this without a real second guy who can create his own shot all season long. He carried it into a playoff series with 2 of the best players in the NBA and has been the best player on the floor for 3 our of 5 games and will add it to 4 out of 6 tonight.

Donovan is good enough to be the guy who’s good enough to win a championship as a corner stone piece. This is year one, a 21 year old kid who has a better attitude, work ethic, and toughness than all except probably 2 guys that have played here in the last 3 decades. He has a chance, the ability, and athleticism to be better than all of them. This offseason you better believe he will work on shooting. He’s already said he is going to work on and make those quick pull up mid range jump shots at a better rate. He’ll shoot better from 3 in coming seasons. Once he gets absolutly deadly from 3 (and he has the shot mechanics to be an amazing shooter, his shot is very pretty and quick) no one will be able to stop him at all.