What's new

Sportando: Stanton Kidd expected to sign with the Jazz

Physical addiction to Weed is very real, it’s rare but a thing for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's more the psychological aspect of the need to feel high. Believe me, I ought to know, I toked for more than 10 years on a regular basis in my 20s and early 30s, but when I didn't have it, it wasn't a physical need, it was all mental. Maybe there are some people who can become addicted physically, but that wasn't my experience.

I think it's more the psychological aspect of the need to feel high. Believe me, I ought to know, I toked for more than 10 years on a regular basis in my 20s and early 30s, but when I didn't have it, it wasn't a physical need, it was all mental. Maybe there are some people who can become addicted physically, but that wasn't my experience.

It’s called marijuana use disorder. People develop a dependency for it and go through withdrawals if they stop using, and develop other medical problems like trouble sleeping, mood swings and other brain issues. My bro was diagnosed with it. You’re less likely not to contract it, but some do and chances go up before adulthood.

Well anything that you enjoy is addicting. Video games are addicting, watching sports is addicting, fishing (for me is addicting), skiiing, playing sports, etc etc. Its all mentally addicting.

I smoked weed everyday all day for like 10 years straight and then i applied for a job that was a huge pay upgrade and they drug test. I quit 17 days before the drug test (was very worried i would fail) and that was that. No more pot for me. I miss/missed it but its not like I got sick or was in pain and convulsing on the ground. Hell, I had way more physical withdrawal symptoms from quitting cigarrettes. Not even close. Many many others had the same experience quitting. Your brother is an exception and possibly has some other issue that caused him to experience withdrawal symptoms.
Jazzfanz is addicting. I check in here dozens of times daily on the off chance that something new, interesting or exciting is happening in Jazzland. Something wrong with me.

Physical addiction to Weed is very real, it’s rare but a thing for sure

That’s the thing though.... if it’s really rare then it shouldn’t really be mentioned.
I saw a documentary on tv about this girl who was addicted to eating paper.
Some people actually have an addiction to drinking so much water that they get intoxicated. They even have rehab centers for it and everything.
That doesn’t label it as addicting.

Just like weed. It shouldn’t be labeled as physically addicting just because rarely it can be for a few people.

That’s the thing though.... if it’s really rare then it shouldn’t really be mentioned.
Some people actually have an addiction to drinking so much water that they get intoxicated. They even have rehab centers for it and everything.

Just like weed. It shouldn’t be labeled as physically addicting just because rarely it can be for a few people.

It’s a real physical addiction. Being addicted to weed is not like being addicted to paper or water, and kids under 18 are 10 times more likely to develop marijuana use disorde then adults.

Only reason I know about this is my brother.

But it's a lot less addicting than alcohol, or probably even coffee -- physically speaking. And you know, doctors, they try to make you believe a lot b.s. is true, and give you drugs that are 100x more addicting than weed. Incidentally, I don't trust doctors; they're charlatans and don't even realize it (because they're brainwashed in medical school to use pharmaceuticals to treat illness). Give me a Functional Doctor who understands the hazards of conventional medicine; they're honest and more concerned about curing people than getting paid for it.

It's not rare. The potheads are losing this long time debate favorite. It's 30% now, down from 35% in '01-'02.

Anytime you start messing with neurotransmitters and brain chemicals like GABA and dopamine, all of these having significant effects and feedback loops, you are going to find addiction. You don't simply block important receptors and your body not adjust to your drug uptake by adjusting all the other pathways, thus creating a dependence on that drug to maintain the balance (which is artificially and out of whack in hyper and hypo production of other chemicals, enzymes, binders, etc., even if balanced).

But it's a lot less addicting than alcohol, or probably even coffee -- physically speaking. And you know, doctors, they try to make you believe a lot b.s. is true, and give you drugs that are 100x more addicting than weed. Incidentally, I don't trust doctors; they're charlatans and don't even realize it (because they're brainwashed in medical school to use pharmaceuticals to treat illness). Give me a Functional Doctor who understands the hazards of conventional medicine; they're honest and more concerned about curing people than getting paid for it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

Here's another reference to study if you are at all interested in a historical understanding the common perception of marijuana held by most Americans since the 1960s:

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

– John Ehrlichman, to Dan Baum for Harper's Magazine in 1994, about President Richard Nixon's war on drugs, declared in 1971.

Drugs are good for you
-Science

Drugs-are-good-for-you-300x278.jpg

This thread really took a nosedive, so I will post this video, which the first part of a 45 minute youtube video series on Stanton Kidd. It feels like a college kids video project, so it's kind of amateurish, but I guess it gives you a look at his personality.

It's not rare. The potheads are losing this long time debate favorite. It's 30% now, down from 35% in '01-'02.

Anytime you start messing with neurotransmitters and brain chemicals like GABA and dopamine, all of these having significant effects and feedback loops, you are going to find addiction. You don't simply block important receptors and your body not adjust to your drug uptake by adjusting all the other pathways, thus creating a dependence on that drug to maintain the balance (which is artificially and out of whack in hyper and hypo production of other chemicals, enzymes, binders, etc., even if balanced).

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I know for a fact that it’s not addicting for me. I was a chronic smoker for a decade. Quit all at once one day. No effects at all. Not one.
Same for other people I know. Never ever met someone that had any physical withdrawal symptoms when they stopped smoking though.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I know for a fact that it’s not addicting for me. I was a chronic smoker for a decade. Quit all at once one day. No effects at all. Not one.
Same for other people I know. Never ever met someone that had any physical withdrawal symptoms when they stopped smoking though.

Look, someone said you couldn’t get addicted, all I argued is that it’s possible, not that you would, FACT, some will, not all