What's new

Stan Van Gundy will be a guest on 1280 The Zone in 5 mins

Litany

Thought I'd alert people. Future coach?

Stan Van Gundy is going to be a guest on 1280 The Zone in 5 mins

tumblr_m51t4yKibo1r5bk3s.gif

He could develop or young Bigs into super stars, Kanter, Favors and if Carrol is young, than BIG-AL is also a young player according to me...

We would be great with a coach like Stan and a 3 Man Rotation with AL, Kanter and Favors...

+ Hedo and Reddick maybe we could be something like the Magic 2008 + more post-play ?

I wish the FO would have decided to hire a coach that had experience rather than Corbin...

If anyone is listening we definitely need a recap

Said Burks isn't a pg but can probably play it in very small amounts if needed, Jazz have young talent, Jazz probably wont make playoffs, a lot of teams will be making salary cap moves this offseason ..... pretty uneventful

Said Burks isn't a pg but can probably play it in very small amounts if needed, Jazz have young talent, Jazz probably wont make playoffs, a lot of teams will be making salary cap moves this offseason ..... pretty uneventful

Also said "If I were in the Jazz organization I'd be really excited" when he was talking about our young talent.

Well Stan, we'd throw a parade and meet you at the airport if you joined us.

I am curious as to why he was brought on as a guest.

I only caught a a little bit of it, so I may not be very accurate but Stan said was talking about Jefferson and Millsap, and playing them the same way Ty does since they are vets, even though the young guys are playing good.

He also doesn't think the Jazz will make the playoffs. The Warriors, Rockets and Lakers all have easier schedules than the Jazz.

He aslo talked about the free agency this summer, and how the Jazz will have choices to make.

There was more but I'm multitasking this am so I know missed stuff. The recording should be up later though.

Is Stan singing praises of Corbin like his brother did last week?

He didn't talk about Corbin, but he did say that he can see that relying on Al and Paul for the playoff push makes sense.

He said the young players don't have the pressure on them right now to perform the way that Al and Paul have pressure.

I only caught a a little bit of it, so I may not be very accurate but Stan said was talking about Jefferson and Millsap, and playing them the same way Ty does since they are vets, even though the young guys are playing good.

He also doesn't think the Jazz will make the playoffs. The Warriors, Rockets and Lakers all have easier schedules than the Jazz.

He aslo talked about the free agency this summer, and how the Jazz will have choices to make.

There was more but I'm multitasking this am so I know missed stuff. The recording should be up later though.

I didnt hear that, but i missed the first part so i guess its possible

Also said "If I were in the Jazz organization I'd be really excited" when he was talking about our young talent.

Well Stan, we'd throw a parade and meet you at the airport if you joined us.

I am curious as to why he was brought on as a guest.
love how this former coach is brought on to the radio show and people start becoming conspiracy theorists. It's simple, SVG likes talking B-ball. 1280 the zone wants good ratings and putting on a show. I don't like Corbin, but also don't want anything to do with this coach either.

I wish the FO would have decided to hire a coach that had personality rather than Corbin...

Changed your thought a little bit. I think this is equally important to experience. Sadly Corbin now has experience, but he will never have charisma.