What's new

Stars Season Opener Game Thread: 8PM Mountain Time

The Stars coach is the former Marquette coach and Duke assistant. He should be able to impart some basketball knowledge to him.

Stars were down 40 at half in a loss. Draft picks looked horrible. Juzang played and was rusty. Michael Devoe was the leading scorer with 16. Potter and Christopher were turnover machines.

It’s called sacrifice to reach your dream. I’d gladly do it 100 times over
Sure, but you are probably going to play like terrible. I'm not saying like a "woe is them" thing, but there's just no way you are going to play good basketball that way.

The GLeague is supposed to be about development so I have no idea why they feel the need to play so many games. Not like the games make money. Should be less games and more practice

With defensive aggression I agree you need to be measured a bit. Its when there are rebounds or loose balls that I'd like to see him going and getting some of those rather than waiting for it to come to you.

There is definitely a lot of thinking going on there.

I can’t put my finger on why, but there are so many loose balls and rebounds that seem to just float right by his face and he doesn’t react. Sometimes this happens on contests too where he doesn’t get off the ground.

I think he’s just a little slow at processing things right now. He can make plays with his length+athleticism, but he doesn’t seem to have a “nose for the ball” or whatever that saying is.

Stars were down 40 at half in a loss. Draft picks looked horrible. Juzang played and was rusty. Michael Devoe was the leading scorer with 16. Potter and Christopher were turnover machines.
i always liked michael devoe as a scorer at GT, just never fully bought into him as a legit NBA player.

I can’t put my finger on why, but there are so many loose balls and rebounds that seem to just float right by his face and he doesn’t react. Sometimes this happens on contests too where he doesn’t get off the ground.

I think he’s just a little slow at processing things right now. He can make plays with his length+athleticism, but he doesn’t seem to have a “nose for the ball” or whatever that saying is.
Everyone please jot this in your notebooks... I agree with this current criticism of Taylor Hendricks.

I hope he has a coach asking him to skew more towards being aggressive and showing him these plays. Sometimes guys just don't have it but he might just be thinking too much I suppose. I would kinda tell him to go mess stuff up... like be overreactive even if it means some fouls or screw ups. I'd want to know if its a processing thing or just part of his nature as a player.

Everyone please jot this in your notebooks... I agree with this current criticism of Taylor Hendricks.

I hope he has a coach asking him to skew more towards being aggressive and showing him these plays. Sometimes guys just don't have it but he might just be thinking too much I suppose. I would kinda tell him to go mess stuff up... like be overreactive even if it means some fouls or screw ups. I'd want to know if its a processing thing or just part of his nature as a player.
You can tell Taylor has played the 5 his entire career.

I definitely think he has some slow processing that can be improved, also conditioning maybe? But on the other end of the spectrum….you watch a guy like Ausar. It’s clear as day he was born with something special.

I definitely think he has some slow processing that can be improved, also conditioning maybe? But on the other end of the spectrum….you watch a guy like Ausar. It’s clear as day he was born with something special.

Also, maybe we have to concede that OTE might be a good developmental program. They are playing a NBA style game at an early age. It results in some ugly basketball which many criticized as it being so ugly that is was useless (@seattlejazzfan ) but I dont think it was.