What's new

Stars to play in bubble

prodigy

Idk if this was posted already, was news to me

Sent them back 500k apparently..

Back on November 27th, New York Times’ NBA insider Marc Stein reported that an idea for a G League bubble located in the Atlanta area was starting to pick up some traction. Due to NBA teams reportedly being forced to pay a $500,000 fee to have their affiliate go to the bubble, he stated that some G League teams are not expected to participate. One week later, we reported that the G League itself set a deadline for the afternoon of Friday, December 4th to make a decision on whether or not NBA teams would be paying the fee.

Idk if this was posted already, was news to me

Sent them back 500k apparently..

I think a G League bubble will be a disaster. Not because of COVID but because of cost/benefit, the logistics, the fact that it won’t function like a normal G League (calling people up and down will be a nightmare, plus they’ll be on the other side of the country). Overall it will be expensive and inefficient.

Good to see the Jazz are still invested in the G-League. Obviously its becoming a focus for the team with how they chose to develop Oni/Morgan/Brantley and bring them back.

I still don't really get why the NBA isn't at least doing stints of play in a bubble. Covid is so much worse now than in the spring.

I mean, I get that players are ****ing pampered infants but someone besides Mo Bamba will have their career damaged by taking really unnecessary risks.

Homey is excited about this. Perhaps the Jazz will now rightfully move the Stars back to Boise where God intended them to belong.