What's new

Start Dante for Rubio

Nah, I think his lack of turnovers is legitimately impressive considering how many lobs he throws. That's not easy to do. Those are high risk plays.
He is good at that I will give him that and the floater he has been trying is going to be a counter when the defenses try to take away the lob.

But what he does is solely at the rim and he is not a great finisher. The lob won't always be there.

He is good at that I will give him that and the floater he has been trying is going to be a counter when the defenses try to take away the lob.

But what he does is solely at the rim and he is not a great finisher. The lob won't always be there.
Sure, but last night he found more than the lob. He found people cutting to the rim and shooters spacing the floor.

Slam Dante or diminish if you want but the last 3 games Dante is averaging 21 minutes (up from 16 minutes) and avg 16 pts / 6 assists, he's contributing

Slam Dante or diminish if you want but the last 3 games Dante is averaging 21 minutes (up from 16 minutes) and avg 16 pts / 6 assists, he's contributing
It is great to see Exum producing in last few games but lets not forget we have 4 years and 30 games in this season where he was playing at pretty much G-league player level. I suggest everybody to calm down and tamper those expectations... we had similar talks after he scored 22 pts in blowout loss vs OKC or 15 pts vs GSW in game 4 loss. The he would disappear for 30 games again. Give me consistent play for 20 + games and then I may become a believer.

Nobody is slamming Dante. Every poster here considers his play of late great news. But also most people won't overreact to it the way his fans do.
Quin is going to give him more minutes and we will have a better idea of who he is, but coaches and GMs can't passionately overreact to everything as fans do or players like Rubio or Dante would have been traded to 20 teams by now.

It is great to see Exum producing in last few games but lets not forget we have 4 years and 30 games in this season where he was playing at pretty much G-league player level. I suggest everybody to calm down and tamper those expectations... we had similar talks after he scored 22 pts in blowout loss vs OKC or 15 pts vs GSW in game 4 loss. The he would disappear for 30 games again. Give me consistent play for 20 + games and then I may become a believer.
Um he will if quin lets him play with ball in his hands!!! It's all up to quin!!! Start to think people. Quin has to take responsibility for his misjudgement of how to play. He stuffed up bad

I’ve been very impressed with Dante these last few games - his dribbling seems more confident, great lateral quickness, great defense. Much more in control, much more aggressive, and you can see his level of confidence growing. I don’t know about starting him over Rubio yet, but he’s got to play more minutes, and he’s got to play with the ball in his hands. I like him on the floor with Korver, Ingles, Favors and Rudy. Lobs to the bigs all night long and passes out to the perimeter shooters. I’m a believer.

Don't f**king matter about the last 4 yrs ,only to yourself ,but when Exum is playing great on National TV and what everyone sees they see the right now. Right now fanz see Exum throw down dunks and feeding lobs for Gobert and Favors to get their dunks. Feeding Korver in rythem for catch and shoot 3's .That's the right now ,who cares about the last 4 years ,that's just a storyline,not the NOW.

Don't f**king matter about the last 4 yrs ,only to yourself ,but when Exum is playing great on National TV and what everyone sees they see the right now. Right now fanz see Exum throw down dunks and feeding lobs for Gobert and Favors to get their dunks. Feeding Korver in rythem for catch and shoot 3's .That's the right now ,who cares about the last 4 years ,that's just a storyline,not the NOW.
I see, so last 3 games is more important than what we have seen in 4 years? Ok.

Yeah - I do think the last 3 games are more important than the last 4 years - not even taking into consideration that he was injured for most of that time. The last 3 games are (hopefully) a culmination of everything that he has learned so far - all of his mistakes, all of his bone-headed decisions are all there for him to learn from - surely you must see a clear improvement from him. 13 assists in his first start of the season is pretty impressive. When was the last time Rubio had 13?

I swear the people who hate Rubio have some kind of Men in Black memory eraser invention. After they watch a game Rubio played well in they use it on themselves.

Rubio has been really bad this season overall.

BUT, if I recall correctly he has been a second half of season type player for the last two years before this one, so not going to completely give up on him yet.

With that said, his contract is up, he never learned how to shoot, and he's been a big negative this season. So yea, I'm ready to move on pretty soon. Also both games I saw the Jazz live (Warriors, 76ers) he was hurting us so bad and looked like he had no business being on an NBA court, so that does bias my opinion a little.

Rubio has been really bad this season overall.

BUT, if I recall correctly he has been a second half of season type player for the last two years before this one, so not going to completely give up on him yet.

With that said, his contract is up, he never learned how to shoot, and he's been a big negative this season. So yea, I'm ready to move on pretty soon. Also both games I saw the Jazz live (Warriors, 76ers) he was hurting us so bad and looked like he had no business being on an NBA court, so that does bias my opinion a little.
Rubio was a big reason they were good in both Warriors games.

The point is progress and increasing confidence. As Rudy himself said, this is the best he has ever seen him play in the last two weeks. You have to factor in the adversity that he has met and yet has come back to finally show some of his potential. He's not a Sundiata Gaines one-shot wonder.

Not quite yet but in about two weeks, we should be getting the annual Dante Exum major injury, thus destroying all hope we’d built up.

Not quite yet but in about two weeks, we should be getting the annual Dante Exum major injury, thus destroying all hope we’d built up.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, negative nebobing naysayer. You like to rain on people's parade? You like to try to jinx someone who's finally breaking through after all his hard work? And you call yourself a Jazz fan. Why don't you go root for Enes Kanter?