What's new

Steve Kerr

Steve Kerr to the Jazz???

RT@ESPNSteinLine: Latest on Steve Kerr front: Utah Jazz, I'm told, have also tried to wedge their way into the race for the TNT analyst alongside NYK and GSW

Probably a long shot and Knicks are still the favorites because the Zen Master, but Steve Kerr lives in San Diego so there have been rumors that he wants to coach on the west coast.

Lakers situation doesn't look great as they are stuck with Kobe's big contract and not much talent around him. And no great free agents available.

Warriors have the most talent, but the job would come with a lot of pressure to perform better then last years team.

We have a lot of great talent and cap space. We sucked last year so there wouldn't be as much pressure to perform right away since we are rebuilding, and he would have the ability to learn as a head coach also, and be given the time.

repost from the main coach thread

Steve Kerr looks and sounds like a smart guy but I rather want the new coach to be an experienced one. Not a dinosaur coach like George Karl or Sloan but a seasoned, crafty coach. We had already made a mistake when we gave a young rebuilding roster into a rookie coach's hands, I don't want us to do the same thing again and hire another inexperienced one.

Kerr would need some good assistants to help him transition into that role but he was a player and a GM. He has been around the business for a long time. I was be estatic if Kerr was our HC.

It's kind of a unique interviewing/hiring situation when all of your competitors are publicly competing for the same group of guys. Seems like there would be lots of room for panic hires.

If only there were a master "head coaches search" thread on this forum where every idiot can post their ideas on who should be the next head coach...sigh.

If only there were a master "head coaches search" thread on this forum where every idiot can post their ideas on who should be the next head coach...sigh.

It was a specific rumor from ESPN. Not my idea.

I want Mike Longabardi as I think defense is the most important factor for us right now.

Wow, Kerr is certainly playing New York, isn't he? That can't be good for Jackson's ego to have Kerr messing around with the Jazz and Warriors jobs. He's a Westerner, however, so I can see why he would want to be out west if possible. "You go live in New York!" They would have to pay him twice as much just for his tax liability. . .