What's new

Stock Picks

Let me know if you find any interesting biotech speculative stocks. I have a few speculative stocks, but Exelixis (EXEL) is my only biotech holding.

EXEL has had a nice run since I posted this - anyone else holding this stock? I'm thinking of taking some profits but never know when to make the move. Any good rules of thumb?

Has anyone considered investing in Real Estate? I have purchased 11 rentals this year. All of my rentals provide a possitive cashflow with a 75% vacancy rate. The great thing about these rentals is that current tax law allows me to make a profit each month from my rentals but due to depriciation it looks I like lost money at tax time. I also get to invest a banks money due to 20% down requirements. I personally think its the best investment out there right now.

Boyd Aviation. Pioneer Aviation. Strickland Propane. Omni Consumer Products. Weyland-Yutani Corporation. Union Aerospace Corporation. The Bluth Company. Initech. Cyberdyne Systems Corporation.

I hear Cyberdyne is on the verge of practically taking over the known world. Rising fast.

Boyd Aviation has some connections to Provo, Utah.

Union Aerospace is the target of a hostile takeoever, so short-term only.

Reading the cover sheet on the report on Initech shows they have recently undergone a corporate restructuring lead by highly qualified consultants.

EXEL has had a nice run since I posted this - anyone else holding this stock? I'm thinking of taking some profits but never know when to make the move. Any good rules of thumb?

Scale out. The selling part is always the hardest. You are never going to catch the top tick. Sell in thirds at predetermined points based on what methodology you are using.

Boyd Aviation. Pioneer Aviation. Strickland Propane. Omni Consumer Products. Weyland-Yutani Corporation. Union Aerospace Corporation. The Bluth Company. Initech. Cyberdyne Systems Corporation.

I hear Cyberdyne is on the verge of practically taking over the known world. Rising fast.

Boyd Aviation has some connections to Provo, Utah.

Union Aerospace is the target of a hostile takeoever, so short-term only.

Reading the cover sheet on the report on Initech shows they have recently undergone a corporate restructuring lead by highly qualified consultants.

TPS reports. You blew an otherwise money post.

TPS reports. You blew an otherwise money post.

I didn't want to be THAT obvious. Besides a TPS report is a testing procedure spec report, primarily software related, and would have nothing to do with a corporate restructuring. So fail reply, but thanks for playing!

The post was solid but the omission of Anacott Steel leaves me a little luke-warm overall.

Really I omitted probably a dozen or more. This was the list I could come up with mostly off the top of my head.

Up to $5.11 in AH - anyone else holding Citi?

I think so. Didn't bail, I'm holding long. Got in around $4.15 a while back and watched it go from high threes to 4.35 about three times over. Wishing each time I would have sold and repurchased on the dips. I'm hoping now that the gov is out it will make its way past $5 the next couple of months (without a stock split) and $6 sometime next year. Dividend could be on the horizon as well.

what do you guys think of goldman?

This pretty much sums it up.

0429-goldman-protest_full_600.jpg

Yep, notice the nice two day sell off in the dollar and gold has not reacted?

I don't follow currencies but PM has been going down so I figured as much.

I can see gold decoupling from industrial commodities too. A long-short hedge makes sense but I don't do this sort of thing. Actually, this would be my first short ever. I've been watching and waiting for a very long time and see a really good setup unfolding.

There are too many variables and wild cards (ex:Russia and China) for me to form much of a respectable thesis. I'm going on gold being nearly useless and overbought purely on emotion. The emotional tide always changes and I think people are becoming more comfortable with QE. There will be a snapping point in gold and I can only hope to get lucky and time it right. I'm going on gut feeling, combined with some pretty primitive TA (a series of slightly lower highs seem to fit my theory well enough). Plus, I put a high probability that the systemic shocks are well behind us. This means gold's upside and thus my risk is comfortably limited.

As far as I can tell most economists have been fine with the QE.

Not to step on Franklin here, and I'm sure he'll answer for himself, but I think the idea is that the people buying gold were the people who freaked out over QE and those people weren't really listening to economists that were fine with it.

If those people calm down they may realize they're sitting on an overvalued asset.

Not to step on Franklin here, and I'm sure he'll answer for himself, but I think the idea is that the people buying gold were the people who freaked out over QE and those people weren't really listening to economists that were fine with it.

If those people calm down they may realize they're sitting on an overvalued asset.

What he said.

To add, you're wrong on most economists being comfortable with it. This has been an extremely controversial policy. Many demand siders were comfortable with it, but not all. Supply siders aren't really the type to embrace it at all. Also, a lot of bankers, hedge fund operators, industry strategists, and talking heads have been very uncomfortable with QE. Many of these people help move gold and have serious influence on the market.

Examples: https://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/nov/15/us-economists-open-letter-qe2
Joseph Stiglitz is another big name. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance...tz-Americas-QE2-poses-considerable-risks.html
David Einhorn bought physical gold.
Eric Sprott, but he's a gold bug anyway.
John Burbank.
The most notable is probably Tom Hoenig from the Federal Reserve who has openly dissented from the other 10 for quite some time.

Read the last sentence from Martin Feldstein https://www.nber.org/feldstein/projectsyndicatenovember262010.pdf

If you want more then google things like "crowding out" and "QE trade war". I'm sure there is enough to keep you busy for days.