What's new

Stock Picks

I risk $200,000 on every day trade I make. Big enough to get some profits, small enough to easily get in and out of big stocks. And since I use .5 % stops, that's about I ever lose.

But no, of course the $675 gain wasn't the ultimate end game. I just needed to get those shares on record. If I pick up the divy, which I will, it's 3653 X 15 = $54795.

Although, I don't ultimately care, I just posted that because you guys were calling me out. I put my money were my mouth is. If I don't get the divy, I've got the $675. Like I've said before, I make about 15 trades/day. It's not like my month rested on that one trade going $50,000.

According to their web site, if you don't hold the shares through the payment date, you won't get the dividend.

I traded some Chinese Internet stock that was like $5 and had a $2 special div that was situated the same way and they still gave me the div. Not only that, but the stock jump to like $7 during that period. I'll admit I wasn't aware of 1 special rule when the divs are >25% of share price when I first posted the CCMP trade and your post made me go take a closer look at the press release over that weekend so I thank you for that. Just reading the marketwatch summary of news isn't the best idea at times because they leave so much out.

You made money. That is all that counts. Every trade is a learning experience. It is as simple as that.

I never meant to call you out, sorry if it sounded that way.

I'm guessing you make heavy use of technicals to set up your trades. I doubt I'd ever be interested in day trading even as a side hobby if I had unlimited funds, but I'm always interested in what others are doing. I would trade around positions if I had deeper pockets though. It's annoying not not being able to sell a chunk knowing something will correct because trading fees and taxes wash the gains away. Maybe in 10 years I'll have that advantage.

Does anyone have an opinion on valuing REIT's? I can't come to a conclusion with the depreciation and improvements issue, especially in this slogish inflationary period. So what if I can buy a REIT for 10% below tangible book if cash flow is only 4-5% and appreciation is absent.

Aapl to 560 today. It just keeps running. PE of 15.90 - I think the forward PE is around 12. Has anyone else been holding long term? Any thoughts?

Any recommendations on longer term technicians? My buy finally hit today (and blew right through) and I need to put in another order.

SPY. I've been bored with research for over a year now so I'll try the slow method for a while. I still follow a couple companies that I would like at the right price. The big players will start piling back into LUK soon enough. I might grab some more of that.

SPY. I've been bored with research for over a year now so I'll try the slow method for a while. I still follow a couple companies that I would like at the right price. The big players will start piling back into LUK soon enough. I might grab some more of that.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm also in SPY, but I bought at DOW 13,000 for my initial entry so I'm down quite a bit on that one. I'm just going to use 1,000 down DOW increments as my time to buy more since it was a nice even number when I bought it, even though it's a 500 tracker.

Lol only fools trade ETF's

Let's do some quick math:

S & P 500 ytd = 1295-1257 = 38/1257 = 3%
SPY ytd = 129.74-125.5 = 4.24/125.5 = 3.4%

ETF wins

But yes, commodity ETFs, leveraged ETFs, and highly volatile ETFs do eventually erode value and split multiple times so holding any of those can be a losing game. For the Index ETFs it's less of an issue. NAV values have always been pretty consistent.

I'm still waiting for the special 1000X leveraged JP Morgan Silver short ETF to ride myself. Those triple Bulls and Bears are way too tame.

Looks like the LUK fund trade is finally back on.

Hard to get motivated over a housing/spread/copper/weird beef/changing vision play so the longer delay is understandable.

Doesn't that one look like a bit of a problem child? They are barely hovering around Nasdaq listing requirements. The float is bigger than the market cap. It's even flagged right now. That certainly doesn't mean it's going to trade down, a lot of those spike on dead cat bounces to re-meet listing requirements, but still, been there, done that, that's a little scary. And an earnings report on Monday is in the coffers to boot. Hopefully they come through for you.

Doesn't that one look like a bit of a problem child? They are barely hovering around Nasdaq listing requirements. The float is bigger than the market cap. It's even flagged right now. That certainly doesn't mean it's going to trade down, a lot of those spike on dead cat bounces to re-meet listing requirements, but still, been there, done that, that's a little scary. And an earnings report on Monday is in the coffers to boot. Hopefully they come through for you.

Risky but I bought at .59 before all the good news catalysts were announced. It may head to 2 bucks in a week or two.