What's new

Strange link box

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Ok this is admittedly weird to bring up. But it appears something has changed in the way the links work for the forum headers on PC. On Google chrome I get a small window around the word for the forum like "community" that allows me to click the link, but if I try to click the word itself it doesn't have a hyperlink. Here are a couple of pictures. Not a giant big deal obviously but it is weird and I get a lot of mis-clicks because I out of habit click directly on the word and it doesn't link to anything unless I click on the box around the word. Almost like the word is in a box on top of the hyperlink.

20220913_063857.jpg20220913_063906.jpg

Last edited:
Ok this is admittedly weird to bring up. But it appears something has changed in the way the links work for the forum headers on PC. On Google chrome I get a small window around the word for the forum like "community" that allows me to click the link, but if I try to click the word itself it doesn't have a hyperlink. Here are a couple of pictures. Not a giant big deal obviously but it is weird and I get a lot of mis-clicks because I out of habit click directly on the word and it doesn't link to anything unless I click on the box around the word. Almost like the word is in a box on top of the hyperlink.
I'm seeing the same thing in Chrome.

Interesting. I'm on Chrome on Mac and not seeing that. Are you both Windows? Have you updated your Chrome lately too - usually up near your picture (if logged in) in upper right of Chrome.

Same issue on PC chrome. My chrome is up to date. Its not just the community button, its also whatever is after that site feedback, jazz, general...

I only noticed it starting yesterday.

I don't want to start a new thread for this so I'm putting it here. Just thought this was kind of funny.

W3HQerU.png

So is my post not visible to others for 10 minutes after I post it?

@Gameface was this screenshot right as you created the thread? Or about an hour later?
Shortly after. It was 11 or 12 minutes when I first noticed but I took a little bit to get the screen shot. After I posted the screen shot above, well within the 10min, it showed an accurate time reflecting when it had been posted.