What's new

Strength of Schedule

Sneakers

Hey guys, I know this recent stretch has been fun and we're beating teams we are supposed to (which is all we can do), but does everybody realize we've played like the worst schedule in the NBA so far. I believe we're 3-7 against teams with winning records. Yeah injuries I know, but just saying, we might need to see more against tougher competition before we go all in.

Count me in the "I'm extremely not worried about this" camp.

Seems to me so long as we have Rudy and either Hill or Hayward playing, we can compete with the mid-to-lower tier teams. Add Hood and we are up another notch. Add Favors, another. Add Burks and we solve chemistry and rotation issues, the only teams I see as better are the Dubs and Cavs.

We are also the #1 injured team in the NBA who had played the most total games and the most road games till just recently. As our schedule evens out and the Jazz get healthy that number will absolutely improve. I fully believe that the Memphis, Miami, Charlotte and Chicago games would have been wins if healthy for example.

Well for that reason I think it's great that we are injured now as opposed to later. Of course, we may still be injured later but if we were to choose a timeframe we would rather it happen right now.

Hey guys, I know this recent stretch has been fun and we're beating teams we are supposed to (which is all we can do), but does everybody realize we've played like the worst schedule in the NBA so far. I believe we're 3-7 against teams with winning records. Yeah injuries I know, but just saying, we might need to see more against tougher competition before we go all in.

Jazz are winning games down 3 starters - regardless of the competition that's unheard of in the NBA.

I agree. Note that the Jazz are 21/30 in schedule strength, so your easiest schedule is a bit exaggerated. Grizzlies, Thunder and Warriors all had easier starts. This all balances out as the season moves on and after 25 games the numbers have already converged quite a bit.

A champion team will normally beat a team of champions.
Hence why the Jazz are playing reasonably well with a positive win ratio.
I just wish they'd give us some indication of when the lads are actually going to play again....
the Jazz will be just fine and will compete with most top tier teams once everyone returns (I hope to actually see this one day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jazz are winning games down 3 starters - regardless of the competition that's unheard of in the NBA.

Jazz have had significant time lost by 5 of their 6 best players. Usually only 1-3 of those 6 are playing. To be where we are is quite impressive actually.

Last edited:
4 starters even.
They recently won a game with Hayward, hood, favors and hill (plus burks) out.
Starting lineup of x, jj, ingles, diaw, Gobert iirc lol.

On the good news front: Hood and Favors mostly participated in practice today. No official word on their availability for Wednesdays game. But if they are practicing...

Hill did not participate in practice. Burks as always seems to not even be an after thought. No mention of him.