What's new

Students of the Game on the Jazz

Flc

This is a great, great read - love that it comes from outside the Utah media/blogosphere as well.

https://sotgsports.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/logjam-volume-2-a-situation-in-salt-lake/

Major highlights:

-Jazz are going to be a phenomenal team destined for greatness in 2-3 years.
-Exum will likely be one of the top 5 defensive PGs in the league as well as an offensive beast.
-Gobert will be the best defensive center in the league.
-Favors PER will continue to go up.
-Hayward is likely already the most versatile player in the league.
-The Jazz already are what Philly dreams of being.
-We shouldn't trade Burke, he has a ton of potential as a sixth man, especially when partnered with Hood and Lyles.

Overall, it's just an awesome piece - and the fact that it comes from a national source that looks at a whole bunch of different teams makes it even sweeter.

Enjoy folks.

I hate these articles. They gonna **** up my over under Vegas bet.

I need the jazz to fly under the radar. A poor showing in pre season would help.

I'm just glad that exum and Gobert coaches are holding them back so far

Since Burks and Hood are both clearly better than Burke, Trey B is at BEST a seventh man on this team, not a sixth.

1. Here’s our problem. Two great, deserving candidates for one starting spot (I mean, Utah and having just one of something don’t necessarily go hand in hand do they…..)

Cheesy Mormon puns aside, The Jazz do have a logjam at the point guard position.

This guy does not know what a pun is.

And yeah that guy really overplayed the whole logjam thing for us at PG. It is our weakest position, but it also is not so unclear as to constitute a full-on logjam. But hey he needed material to write about and we have arguably the most interesting story in the NBA right now with our youth and what we saw at the end of the season last year.

I think a lot of national writers think more of Burke than we do because they place so much emphasis on his college work and his draft position. Those things matter not a whit anymore.

I like the part about building a trade with TB as centerpiece for an allstar.

must have been some awesome mushrooms.

I like how he treated the fact that ESPN had Exum listed as a 2 as something other than a simple mistake.

"Exum’s jump shot may be inconsistent today, but he makes up for it with a knack for driving to the hoop in the meantime."

Knack for driving to the hoop? Did he watch last season?

"Exum’s jump shot may be inconsistent today, but he makes up for it with a knack for driving to the hoop in the meantime."

Don't get me wrong. I think the potential is there, and we are all laying our heads on our pillows at night hoping the dream becomes reality, but so far all we have seen is flashes of potential.

+1 Flc
Had not see this article. Thanks for pointing it out. Enjoyed reading it... despite the attempts at humor...
Not sure I agree that PG is our main logjam... or just our weakest position... as many have already noted.
Also, this guy is too stuck on positions, vs Snyder/Lindsey 'play-maker' roles. Read his Logjam #1 article and he claims Bucks have a problem because they have Jabari and Giannis... and 'only one can be the small forward'...?
But thanks for the link.

He also says

Burke’s strengths are long-range shooting, skill, and decision making.

I guess he didnt say long range making...
Good point. He is pretty awesome at getting the ball to leave his hands in a shooting motion in the direction of the hoop from long range.