What's new

Students, parents claim University of Utah ignored coach's abusive behavior

There's a lot of stuff in there for him to have stuck around so long.

EDIT: Lest anyone think I didn't read the article based on my quick response, I read it earlier this morning.

Been following this the last couple days .. didn't want to post it because the U fans already feel so inferior to BYU. Didn't want to rub salt in the wounds.

So bite me.

tumblr_mchc7cyQ641qdn14l.gif

Been following this the last couple days .. didn't want to post it because the U fans already feel so inferior to BYU. Didn't want to rub salt in the wounds.
I read the report shortly after it was posted nationally and decided to stay completely away from putting it up in here.This guy needs to go to jail on sexual abuse and attempted murder charges. And a few people at the UofU need to lose their jobs.

There's a big cultural bias towards coaches who are "out there" on the male issues most of us know we have limits, but coaches scream, coaches boss extremely, coaches do stuff like the top monkey in the jungle. Subordinates accept, don't question the top ape. Well, until it's gone too far already.

MoTown is right. It's gotta be done.

The only reason I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt is because its swimming. What do they have to gain from keeping a swimming coach who is ****ing up? Absolutely nothing, but it still looks pretty incriminating.

I read about half of it. wtf, weird stuff.

How do you not just go beat the dudes *** if one of these girls is your daughter?

Your daughter tells you some of this stuff and you say,

"just keep going to practice honey, I'll email the University about it in a couple days."

One time my golf coach made me stay after practice until I holed out a chip in with 3 different clubs. I was there for over an hour.

****ing monster.

One time my golf coach made me stay after practice until I holed out a chip in with 3 different clubs. I was there for over an hour.

****ing monster.

That sounds awesome!

Now if he taped clubs to your arms and legs, and kept you out there in a thunderstorm, that might get him an email if you were my daughter.

****ing monster.
Read the article. There were swimmers passing out and almost dying from being forced to do underwaters with their arms tied to boards. This is even worse than making runners do extra wind sprints. Well, I guess it could be comparable if runners are forced to do them in 100+ temperatures to the point of collapsing from heat stroke, which might result in heart failure and death.

How the university could ostensibly "investigate" and find nothing wrong is beyond comprehension. Confront the coach (who obviously will deny everything), then install a camera over the pool area (and I'm not talking in the locker room). This abuse was out in the open; the coach felt 100% comfortable in bullying and intimidating these student athletes. And even more so after being found "innocent" after the university's shoddy investigation. I'll bet attorneys are lining up to file mutli-million $ suits against the University. Sorry, but this coach is as bad as Sandusky. He nearly KILLED a couple of people. He needs to be abused in prison for 25 years on sexual assault and attempted murder charges. And the AD definitely needs to step down, if not also be criminally charged.

Last edited:
Read the article. There were swimmers passing out and almost dying from being forced to do underwaters with their arms tied to boards. This is even worse than making runners do extra wind sprints. Well, I guess it could be comparable if runners are forced to do them in 100+ temperatures to the point of collapsing from heat exhaustion.

How the university could ostensibly "investigate" and find nothing wrong is beyond comprehension. Confront the coach (who obviously will deny everything), then install a camera over the pool area (and I'm not talking in the locker room). This abuse was out in the open; the coach felt 100% comfortable in bullying and intimidating these student atheletes. And even more so after being found "innocent" after the university's shoddy investigation. I'll bet attorneys are lining up to file mutli-million $ suits against the University. Sorry, but this caoch is as bad as Sandusky. He nearly KILLED a couple of people.

My joke post had nothing to do with the article. I can see what you thought I was getting at though.

It sounds terrible. Shockingly so.

It just sounds so over the top bad that I don't see how one of the parents wouldnt have physically put a stop to it, or done more then send emails.

btw Motown, what I was joking about was the "softness" of golf, the sport I play.

Not joking about this article.

Read the article. There were swimmers passing out and almost dying from being forced to do underwaters with their arms tied to boards. This is even worse than making runners do extra wind sprints. Well, I guess it could be comparable if runners are forced to do them in 100+ temperatures to the point of collapsing from heat exhaustion.

How the university could ostensibly "investigate" and find nothing wrong is beyond comprehension. Confront the coach (who obviously will deny everything), then install a camera over the pool area (and I'm not talking in the locker room). This abuse was out in the open; the coach felt 100% comfortable in bullying and intimidating these student atheletes. And even more so after being found "innocent" after the university's shoddy investigation. I'll bet attorneys are lining up to file mutli-million $ suits against the University. Sorry, but this caoch is as bad as Sandusky. He nearly KILLED a couple of people.

I'm with you in that I have no clue how this could not be followed up on in a serious thorough manner. No clue. When kids are going to the hospital and they are getting complaints from students and parents and lives are in danger in any way.... you have to find out. Even if you have a hunch that someone could be in danger and you have nothing solid to go on, you have to look into it.

I agree that someone has to go, and probably up to Dr. Hill. If he is the one with final responsibility over this, he and others should be held accountable no matter how good he does or did in other areas of the job. Sad, but true. That sort of stuff cannot go on, or be swept under a rug.

If this is all true, and it sounds like it... the dude is a creep and a freak. That's just sick to get pleasure out of doing that to those kids.