What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

It was getting bigger a few weeks ago and i had a mild headache so I went to the local hospital and had a contrast CT done, showed no bleeding, but they sent me home with a hematoma with over a litre of fluid in it, was impossible to do anything without pain or discomfort, I was pretty pissed with them, so I shilled out to have it done privately. The drainage I had yesterday has made a big difference had the best nights sleep I've had in weeks, even through I've had to wear a belt all night to stop fluid refilling the pocket, I'll swap that for some strapping tonight which I'll leave on for a couple more days. Its much better should be able to start working out again tomorrow or Saturday. After i have it finished off on Thursday I'll strap it for probably four days and fingers crossed it will be sweet.

18 millimeters is a huge movement, you should see some of the crazy brain injuries we get at work, (my work is a world leader in Neurosurgery) we are routinely having to hold people down with chunks of their skull missing, great fun.

Damn, take it slow. If you feel good enough to work out, give it another week or two before you do. Seriously. Be prudent.

And yeah, pretty scary stuff. He ended going to UPenn Presbyterian in Philadelphia. Impressive place and staff.

Damn, take it slow. If you feel good enough to work out, give it another week or two before you do. Seriously. Be prudent.

And yeah, pretty scary stuff. He ended going to UPenn Presbyterian in Philadelphia. Impressive place and staff.

I'm on holidays until Easter Monday, had a nice ten week break from work, plan was to start doing a few things for my self, including getting back on track in terms of looking after myself, (spent most of the last 10 months in the bottom of a bottle) I'm not the type of person to take things easy i like to be active and push myself, been sitting at home doing nothing for weeks, incredibly frustrated.

I'm on holidays until Easter Monday, had a nice ten week break from work, plan was to start doing a few things for my self, including getting back on track in terms of looking after myself, (spent most of the last 10 months in the bottom of a bottle) I'm not the type of person to take things easy i like to be active and push myself, been sitting at home doing nothing for weeks, incredibly frustrated.

I get it. I do. But from my experience, and I know my dad went through this after his hematoma, feeling better and being better are two different things. And then setbacks occur and things become even more frustrating.

I get it. I do. But from my experience, and I know my dad went through this after his hematoma, feeling better and being better are two different things. And then setbacks occur and things become even more frustrating.

Yeah mate i get what you're saying, i actually think having it done in two parts might have been a good idea anyway, gives it time to start healing gradually. Cause it was a gigantic lump, might have been too big to do it all at once anyway.

Ugh. How do you feel?

My 70 year old dad was in a really bad bicycling accident this past summer. Scary ****. I went to the trauma center a few hours after to see him. He’d ask the same question every five minutes. No short term memory. He was better with that by the next day. The tests showed no bleeding. But a few weeks later, he started getting excruciating headaches. Went to the doctor. He had a hematoma. It didn’t show up originally because it was a slow bleed. Over the course of the next couple months, his brain moved 18 millimeters which is just crazy to me.

We thought he was gonna have to have his head drilled so they could remove fluid and let the brain breathe so to speak but we didn’t have to thank goodness. He still has some lingering issues now and then though.

18 millimeters? Holy ****! That’s crazy. I didn’t know there was that much room in there.

Good for you for recognizing too much alcohol. It took over and ruined my brother's life and could imminently end it. And some of my best friends have gone down that drain and I'm currently worried for them. All of these dudes are badasses who charge through life but sometimes you gotta take your foot off the gas.

Full stop.

Not to change the subject or anything, but what does that even mean, really? I'm hearing it all the time these days, and I know what it's supposed to refer to a period at the end of a sentence - though it's more a term that means you're finished with the thought, no further discussion necessary. But I get so annoyed now that I'm hearing it all the time, like folks just want to sound cool and insert it into their speaking.

FULL STOP

It was getting bigger a few weeks ago and i had a mild headache so I went to the local hospital and had a contrast CT done, showed no bleeding, but they sent me home with a hematoma with over a litre of fluid in it, was impossible to do anything without pain or discomfort, I was pretty pissed with them, so I shilled out to have it done privately. The drainage I had yesterday has made a big difference had the best nights sleep I've had in weeks, even through I've had to wear a belt all night to stop fluid refilling the pocket, I'll swap that for some strapping tonight which I'll leave on for a couple more days. Its much better should be able to start working out again tomorrow or Saturday. After i have it finished off on Thursday I'll strap it for probably four days and fingers crossed it will be sweet.

18 millimeters is a huge movement, you should see some of the crazy brain injuries we get at work, (my work is a world leader in Neurosurgery) we are routinely having to hold people down with chunks of their skull missing, great fun.

what layer of the head was this bleed, exactly?

It's bizarre that they sent you home with no idea of what the follow-up should have been-- depending on where the hematoma is, in Canada you could easily sue that physician for making you need to request private care if they sent you home with a head-bleed without treatment.

Full stop.

Not to change the subject or anything, but what does that even mean, really? I'm hearing it all the time these days, and I know what it's supposed to refer to a period at the end of a sentence - though it's more a term that means you're finished with the thought, no further discussion necessary. But I get so annoyed now that I'm hearing it all the time, like folks just want to sound cool and insert it into their speaking.

FULL STOP

In a similar vein, people who use "AF" in their sentences. Yes, I know what it stands for but it is just stupid in my opinion.

In a similar vein, people who use "AF" in their sentences. Yes, I know what it stands for but it is just stupid AF in my opinion.
Fixed that for you.

Ok I'm one of those people who cannot stand sneezing. Like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Even my own sneezing. Hate it. And connected to it is the propensity to say "bless you" or "gesundheit" whenever someone sneezes. I think that is a stupid custom anyway. We don't say **** like that for anything else. Yeah yeah cultural history polite mythology whatever, it's just ********. Add to that the fact that I was cursed with terrible sinus issues and minor allergies so I sneeze more than most people. That is now compounded by the fact that in my new job my office opens onto a rather busy area and a well-travelled hall way. So I am hearing random "bless you"s CONSTANTLY. And the people who feel like it is ULTRA-polite to stop on their way to wherever they are going and poke their head in my office uninvited to have a brief "bless you" conversation, for no other reason than I sneezed. I do all I can to stifle it anyway but now it's just driving me nuts. I'll actually stand up and close my door to sneeze then open it again. Hate it

Ok I'm one of those people who cannot stand sneezing. Like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Even my own sneezing. Hate it. And connected to it is the propensity to say "bless you" or "gesundheit" whenever someone sneezes. I think that is a stupid custom anyway. We don't say **** like that for anything else. Yeah yeah cultural history polite mythology whatever, it's just ********. Add to that the fact that I was cursed with terrible sinus issues and minor allergies so I sneeze more than most people. That is now compounded by the fact that in my new job my office opens onto a rather busy area and a well-travelled hall way. So I am hearing random "bless you"s CONSTANTLY. And the people who feel like it is ULTRA-polite to stop on their way to wherever they are going and poke their head in my office uninvited to have a brief "bless you" conversation, for no other reason than I sneezed. I do all I can to stifle it anyway but now it's just driving me nuts. I'll actually stand up and close my door to sneeze then open it again. Hate it
My newish cat cackles at me every time I sneeze. Even if she's sleeping she wakes up long enough to let me know how irritated AF she is by my sneeze.

Edited to add AF before LG fixes it for me

Blessing's to you

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm with you on this one. It's spring and I'm sneezing a lot. I would much rather everyone ignore when I sneeze instead of commenting on it, no matter how well-intentioned they are. I don't "bless" other people when they sneeze (which might irritate them just as much, I suppose). It's a weird, outdated custom.

And on that note, why in the world do we still shake hands? I don't want to touch people's hands (which have been who knows where) because I have a compromised immune system and joint pain in my fingers, and yet to be polite I have to pick up others' germs and endure the pain. I do all I can to avoid the contact, but sometimes it isn't possible. Another weird, outdated custom that we could all live without.

I'm with you on this one. It's spring and I'm sneezing a lot. I would much rather everyone ignore when I sneeze instead of commenting on it, no matter how well-intentioned they are. I don't "bless" other people when they sneeze (which might irritate them just as much, I suppose). It's a weird, outdated custom.

And on that note, why in the world do we still shake hands? I don't want to touch people's hands (which have been who knows where) because I have a compromised immune system and joint pain in my fingers, and yet to be polite I have to pick up others' germs and endure the pain. I do all I can to avoid the contact, but sometimes it isn't possible. Another weird, outdated custom that we could all live without.
Yeah the hand shaking thing is weird. I had a boss who judged people heavily on their hand shake. I mentioned exactly some of those issues when he went off about how someone was not trustworthy because they had a weak handshake, and he refused to budge even after I pointed out that person had arthritis that caused him pretty severe pain. Of course that boss was just straight up an ***, so there is that.