What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

I just tried to give the “homeless” guy on the freeway off ramp some food and a water bottle. “Nah, I’m good. Thanks though.”

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I just tried to give the “homeless” guy on the freeway off ramp some food and a water bottle. “Nah, I’m good. Thanks though.”

I was sitting on an off-ramp waiting for a light and a homeless guy approached the car in front of me. I could hear them talking. The homeless guy said "you can venmo me". That was weird.

I was sitting on an off-ramp waiting for a light and a homeless guy approached the car in front of me. I could hear them talking. The homeless guy said "you can venmo me". That was weird.

I’ll take anything anyone wants to Venmo me.

I’ll take anything anyone wants to Venmo me.

I saw a car a few weeks ago that had "I just turned 21. Please buy me a drink" written on the rear window. It then listed his venmo number. I have been wondering how much money he made from this.

I saw a car a few weeks ago that had "I just turned 21. Please buy me a drink" written on the rear window. It then listed his venmo number. I have been wondering how much money he made from this.
My daughter did this on her drive to college from California to Washington, with something like "off to college, wanna help?" on the windows and her Venmo and Cashapp info. She got something like $200 total in the end from about 10 people. It was interesting.

My daughter did this on her drive to college from California to Washington, with something like "off to college, wanna help?" on the windows and her Venmo and Cashapp info. She got something like $200 total in the end from about 10 people. It was interesting.

My daughter just got accepted to the pre med program at the U of U (technically a freshman as she’s a senior in high school, but she’ll have her associates degree before fall semester starts). Maybe I’ll put something on my truck. “Help, daughter in pre med” with her Venmo.

This is a very very mild pet peeve but people who first make a lot of typos in texts (that's not the pet peeve) and then are a little too obsessed about correcting and explaining all of them, especially ones that it's easy to see were just typos.

The worst person I know who does this is me.

This is a very very mild pet peeve but people who first make a lot of typos in texts (that's not the pet peeve) and then are a little too obsessed about correcting and explaining all of them, especially ones that it's easy to see were just typos.

I do this as well.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

People who can't figure out how to hold a phone so you can hear them. I have a few friends who suck at this seemingly simple action.

Still, screw y'all that back in. It feels more like an attention grab.
I kind of agree with this, to a point. I have seen guys in huge trucks make a big deal about backing into a parking spot like at Walmart on a Wednesday or something with half the lot empty, like on the level of setting up cones and a red carpet to guide them in while they straddled 2 parking spaces crookedly, because their giant hunk of pollution-spewing RAGE and MANLINESS simply CANNOT be contained in only one space...the very idea!

But in places like Six Flags parking, or Knott's, if big trucks don't back in it is a nightmare watching them try to back out of a parking space when they are leaving, but partly because people in general are douchebags and instead of just waiting for the guy to move, they keep walking behind him, oblivious that anyone in the world exists except themselves, other than when he is moving when they try to go behind him so he gets a little closer than they want so they smack the truck and yell at the guy. If people were, you know, actual human beings, we would all wait for the 90 seconds it would take for this guy to back out, instead we all have to be at our cars RIGHT ****ING NOW because me leaving is the most important thing in the world. As a result, it ties up any traffic trying to move down that particular lane in the parking lot, so now we are inconveniencing dozens if not literally a hundred or more people, and putting families at risk with all that metal driven by their own douchebags worried more about being the first guy out the exit rather than caring about anyone walking around them. I have seen this countless times, especially at the big theme parks. It is ridiculous in the extreme. So if the guy instead takes a minute to back into the spot when he first gets there then he can pull straight out and doesn't have to go through this stupid Dance of the Morons.

Saw a great two-fer once. One time we tried to get people to stop to let a guy out. He was driving a huge dually 4 door truck jacked 87 feet off the ground, all kinds of spotlights and bar lights and **** across the top of it, proclaiming himself as King of the Douchebags and Prince of the Microphalluses, you know because he needs that level of power to take him and his wife and his 3 year old kid to Six Flags for 4 hours on a Thursday, can't be seen dead driving in his wife's Corolla - what's left of his pea-sized ********* would shrivel on the spot. He of course took up 2 1/2 parking spaces, yet another douche move. So we stopped to let the ******* out and tried to flag down a couple other families to hang on while his Royal Douchiness freed himself from the parking space. One guy and his 3 kids and his wife just walked right past us. I said "hey man let's let this guy out, it is tying up traffic". True to form the walking-douchebag turned and, holding his 4-or-so-year-old kids hands said "**** you grandpa" then laughed into the phone he was of course talking into while walking down the middle of the busy parking lot aisle. I mean, that meth isn't going to buy itself, amirite? And boy, he sure told that 50 year old guy who was boss. So he turned...and walked smack into the side of the truck. Dislodged his insouciantly-crooked hat with it's round label and everything, bumping his glasses almost off his face, and his kid watching because his kid had the good sense to notice they were walking into a truck and actually stopped. So a good 15 people stood there laughing at the guy. He didn't do a lot of blustering then. And he also stopped so the truck could get out of the parking space.

People are the worst.

And my text related one is how kids text. Zero punctuation. And they don’t care how it’s spelled. My 14 year old son literally sent me this yesterday: it dosnt madder eaither is fine

I was like what the hell is that? He said he was just spelling it how it sounded.

He’s 14 years old. How did he pass elementary school? I have failed as a parent.

I kind of agree with this, to a point. I have seen guys in huge trucks make a big deal about backing into a parking spot like at Walmart on a Wednesday or something with half the lot empty, like on the level of setting up cones and a red carpet to guide them in while they straddled 2 parking spaces crookedly, because their giant hunk of pollution-spewing RAGE and MANLINESS simply CANNOT be contained in only one space...the very idea!

But in places like Six Flags parking, or Knott's, if big trucks don't back in it is a nightmare watching them try to back out of a parking space when they are leaving, but partly because people in general are douchebags and instead of just waiting for the guy to move, they keep walking behind him, oblivious that anyone in the world exists except themselves, other than when he is moving when they try to go behind him so he gets a little closer than they want so they smack the truck and yell at the guy. If people were, you know, actual human beings, we would all wait for the 90 seconds it would take for this guy to back out, instead we all have to be at our cars RIGHT ****ING NOW because me leaving is the most important thing in the world. As a result, it ties up any traffic trying to move down that particular lane in the parking lot, so now we are inconveniencing dozens if not literally a hundred or more people, and putting families at risk with all that metal driven by their own douchebags worried more about being the first guy out the exit rather than caring about anyone walking around them. I have seen this countless times, especially at the big theme parks. It is ridiculous in the extreme. So if the guy instead takes a minute to back into the spot when he first gets there then he can pull straight out and doesn't have to go through this stupid Dance of the Morons.

Saw a great two-fer once. One time we tried to get people to stop to let a guy out. He was driving a huge dually 4 door truck jacked 87 feet off the ground, all kinds of spotlights and bar lights and **** across the top of it, proclaiming himself as King of the Douchebags and Prince of the Microphalluses, you know because he needs that level of power to take him and his wife and his 3 year old kid to Six Flags for 4 hours on a Thursday, can't be seen dead driving in his wife's Corolla - what's left of his pea-sized ********* would shrivel on the spot. He of course took up 2 1/2 parking spaces, yet another douche move. So we stopped to let the ******* out and tried to flag down a couple other families to hang on while his Royal Douchiness freed himself from the parking space. One guy and his 3 kids and his wife just walked right past us. I said "hey man let's let this guy out, it is tying up traffic". True to form the walking-douchebag turned and, holding his 4-or-so-year-old kids hands said "**** you grandpa" then laughed into the phone he was of course talking into while walking down the middle of the busy parking lot aisle. I mean, that meth isn't going to buy itself, amirite? And boy, he sure told that 50 year old guy who was boss. So he turned...and walked smack into the side of the truck. Dislodged his insouciantly-crooked hat with it's round label and everything, bumping his glasses almost off his face, and his kid watching because his kid had the good sense to notice they were walking into a truck and actually stopped. So a good 15 people stood there laughing at the guy. He didn't do a lot of blustering then. And he also stopped so the truck could get out of the parking space.

People are the worst.
I almost hate to bring it up but Trump has done so much to lower our civility. Odds that Mr. Douchenozzle is a Trumptard?

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

And my text related one is how kids text. Zero punctuation. And they don’t care how it’s spelled. My 14 year old son literally sent me this yesterday: it dosnt madder eaither is fine

I was like what the hell is that? He said he was just spelling it how it sounded.

He’s 14 years old. How did he pass elementary school? I have failed as a parent.

Don't worry if that is the standard then we all did.

My kids do weird things in text like type out huge words and then abbreviate "and".

Like "Dad my anthropology professor requested that we write an essay n do a presentation."

I almost hate to bring it up but Trump has done so much to lower our civility. Odds that Mr. Douchenozzle is a Trumptard?

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app
Could be. This was a few years ago, but I do not remember him having any trump stuff on the truck. It was just a rolling billboard that said "HEY EVERYONE I AM INSECURE ABOUT THE SIZE OF MY PENIS".

Could be. This was a few years ago, but I do not remember him having any trump stuff on the truck. It was just a rolling billboard that said "HEY EVERYONE I AM INSECURE ABOUT THE SIZE OF MY PENIS".
I'm enjoying your dislike of people who insist on using big jacked up trucks as basic commuter vehicles.

I completely understand that some people need a truck for work and since that's their vehicle that's what they use. I also understand that some people have items they need to tow on a regular basis. Seldom do people jack up their work trucks and it does nothing for towing capabilities, either. The people who don't regularly tow things or need a truck for work but "need" a truck anyway annoy me, especially when they jack it up and remove emissions controls and can't park, or take a right turn above 3mph, or turn into a business entrance while you're waiting to exit because "truck."

I'm enjoying your dislike of people who insist on using big jacked up trucks as basic commuter vehicles.

I completely understand that some people need a truck for work and since that's their vehicle that's what they use. I also understand that some people have items they need to tow on a regular basis. Seldom do people jack up their work trucks and it does nothing for towing capabilities, either. The people who don't regularly tow things or need a truck for work but "need" a truck anyway annoy me, especially when they jack it up and remove emissions controls and can't park, or take a right turn above 3mph, or turn into a business entrance while you're waiting to exit because "truck."
This brings up another pet peeve. People who can't center their car in a parking spot and are pulled in crooked or on the line (I have noticed that cars with handicap plates or placards are some of the worst).

I typically park way out in the lot and try to find a spot where I don't have a car parked on either side of me. I get a little bit of exercise and it helps prevent dings. I come out of Home depot the other day and some joker had parked next to me. OK, fine, he felt like had to park way out as well. The maddening part was that he was so close to my door I had get in through the passenger side and crawl across the seat. I have never wanted to key a car so bad in my life.