What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Dammit!!!!! 100 million dollar Powerball draw, not only did i not win (I have budgeted that money to you know pay for Christmas and my own private island...) It has now jackpotted to 160 million so i will have to buy more tickets next week.

We’re at 550 million out here.

I don't know if this is a me issue or what but I really hate getting a phone call and after I say hello the person says "Is this Mr. Gameface?" I always respond by asking who's calling. Many times they continue by saying "Mr. Gameface, I'm calling in regard to..." I stop them and tell them that I haven't confirmed my identity and that they called me and I'd like to know who is calling me before continuing.

I believe this should be the standard proper way for people to behave:
Me: "Hello."
Caller: "Hi, I'm John Smith calling on behalf of the ACME company in regard to your car insurance."

Am I wrong? I find it very presumptuous to demand confirmation of my identity before you state your business and your own identity. If it's a personal/private issue state that.

I don't know if this is a me issue or what but I really hate getting a phone call and after I say hello the person says "Is this Mr. Gameface?" I always respond by asking who's calling. Many times they continue by saying "Mr. Gameface, I'm calling in regard to..." I stop them and tell them that I haven't confirmed my identity and that they called me and I'd like to know who is calling me before continuing.

I believe this should be the standard proper way for people to behave:
Me: "Hello."
Caller: "Hi, I'm John Smith calling on behalf of the ACME company in regard to your car insurance."

Am I wrong? I find it very presumptuous to demand confirmation of my identity before you state your business and your own identity. If it's a personal/private issue state that.
That's exactly how most legit companies start their phone calls imo. However from like a bank or something I'm sure they want to verify it's you before taking about anything private to possibly the wrong person. Give that bit away and anyone could say "uh yeah I'm Mr. Gameface, sure, now what's this about extra money?"

Men who pee in stalls when the urinals are free. Go **** yourself.

Multiple times lately I've had to use the stall and people are in them peeing and no one is at the urinals. Then I get the joy of having to clean up their piss everywhere. No one gives a **** about your weird or tiny dick, just use the thing designed to pee in when you're in public.

Multiple times lately I've had to use the stall and people are in them peeing and no one is at the urinals. Then I get the joy of having to clean up their piss everywhere. No one gives a **** about your weird or tiny dick, just use the thing designed to pee in when you're in public.
Did I ever tell you the story of when I used a public bathroom in a park downtown Hong Kong... Well either way here it goes.

I was with two of my friends, one a woman, me and the other guy had to piss so we went into the park bathroom. It had sort of a full wall urinal type deal so I get my spot and my buddy gave me some room and got his spot and then this really old guy came and stood right between us even though there was lots of other space, the urinal hit the corner of the wall and kept going along the other wall. So as my buddy and I are mid-piss the guy full on leans forward and takes a good long look at my junk and then turns his head and takes a good long look at my buddies junk. My buddy and I kind of did a raised eyebrow wtf look to each other and ended up laughing about it and telling our other friend. That dude had no shame at all and I guess wanted to check out some American dongs or something.

For some reason of all the major chain store produce sections Walmart can only seem to have like 4 produce bag dispensers in the whole section and you can 1000% count on two of them being empty. Every other store has a dispenser at the majority of isle ends and intersections and they seem to be able to keep them all full.

If I'm peeing in a stall, I'm sitting down.

Giant pictures in signatures that a poster uses to says they are a little emotional. It clutters up the thread.

I am not claiming to be referring to any particular individual.

Giant pictures in signatures that a poster uses to says they are a little emotional. It clutters up the thread.

I am not claiming to be referring to any particular individual.
For some reason I can't see it after I put it in so I didn't think it was there. I wanted to try it out thinking it might get resized. I agree that large pictures in the signature can be annoying.

Did I ever tell you the story of when I used a public bathroom in a park downtown Hong Kong... Well either way here it goes.

I was with two of my friends, one a woman, me and the other guy had to piss so we went into the park bathroom. It had sort of a full wall urinal type deal so I get my spot and my buddy gave me some room and got his spot and then this really old guy came and stood right between us even though there was lots of other space, the urinal hit the corner of the wall and kept going along the other wall. So as my buddy and I are mid-piss the guy full on leans forward and takes a good long look at my junk and then turns his head and takes a good long look at my buddies junk. My buddy and I kind of did a raised eyebrow wtf look to each other and ended up laughing about it and telling our other friend. That dude had no shame at all and I guess wanted to check out some American dongs or something.
Yeah, there isn't much shame with that stuff. Ive got a few of those type of stories. Always a little shocking to say the least.

Obviously this didn't just happen but still

2zqix2m2bzv91.jpg

Lantern flies. **** these things. Have killed at least a half dozen in my house over the last couple months. Killed one today. One two days ago.
We don't have those around here as far as I know but we do have boxelder bugs which are kind of similar. The house I grew up in had a really big boxelder tree just on the other side of the fence in my back yard and the neighbor kept a woodpile stacked up against it and I think they loved the **** out of that. Literally many thousands of them lived in that woodpile and would spread out all over and into our house. As a young kid I literally tried to murder every single one of them but I never made a dent.

We don't have those around here as far as I know but we do have boxelder bugs which are kind of similar. The house I grew up in had a really big boxelder tree just on the other side of the fence in my back yard and the neighbor kept a woodpile stacked up against it and I think they loved the **** out of that. Literally many thousands of them lived in that woodpile and would spread out all over and into our house. As a young kid I literally tried to murder every single one of them but I never made a dent.
This. For whatever reason the front porch at my house where I grew up attracted them like flies to ****. I remember one time I opened the door to go outside and they had completely covered the glass in the screen door to where you could not see outside. Terrible things.

Edit: here you go:

So lantern flies are a bit worrisome though. These are the ones that experts said to kill on site because they eat and destroy crops. And evidently their population is growing.

If I'm peeing in a stall, I'm sitting down.
Sure. I think his peeve was simply dont pee in a stall. If you are peeing in a stall, even sitting down, then he cant poop in there cause you are in there. He also cant or shouldn't poop in the sink or urinal.