What's new

Stupidest Takes on Jazz Twitter

I think it was a week or two ago, but Andy Larsen put out the question of, “if Keyonte is not Jamal Murray or Brad Beal who is he?” The undertone of that question was, if Keyonte is not a star, is he anyone in this league?

As I’m reading this question I’m thinking, is an undersized scoring combo guard not one of the most well known archetypes in the league? You know, a guy who gets buckets but isn’t quite good enough to be a star. We have a freaking award dedicated to guys like this. IMO, this was a dumbass question because there are a million answers to this question. A microwave scorer off the bench is one of the most common defined roles in the NBA.

But the replies were so ****ing stupid. I’m pretty sure a prominent SLCDUNK guy mentioned Trent Forrest. Trent ****ing Forrest aka the complete opposite of Keyonte. It was a dumb question to begin with, but the dumb *** responses gave validity to the question. People were coming up with the dumbest comparisons possible and made it seem that Andy was right in thinking that Keyonte doesn’t fit a common archetype. How can this be a serious question. Do Jazz not know if a microwave scorer who is not quite a star? There’s a really good example of one on Keyobte’s phone wallpaper lol.

Jazz twitter is just a circle of stupidity.
This is an off-shoot from one of Locke's tropes -"if you have many comps in the league as a prospect, you are good(as in - you might pan out in the league)... the problem is if you only have one or two"... But yeah... that question is pretty easy to answer... we have like 3 of them on this roster... one might even say this FO has a type at this point...

^^^ those are the type of people that Tony has to deal with all day. Some of the questions he gets asked are legit so ****ing dumb and basic. Dude has a lot of patience to deal with guys like that all day.
So what does that say about us when we had one flame war with the poor guy and haven't seen the guy since? Damn.

When was this?
I can't remember, a few months ago I think. He came on when we were discussing a lot of stuff about Kessler and gave us some good input into a few conversations and some folks went off on him so he just stopped responding and hasn't been back since.

I can't remember, a few months ago I think. He came on when we were discussing a lot of stuff about Kessler and gave us some good input into a few conversations and some folks went off on him so he just stopped responding and hasn't been back since.

Was that when people were arguing with him if Kessler was athletic or not? Not some of those guys best moments for sure.

Was that when people were arguing with him if Kessler was athletic or not? Not some of those guys best moments for sure.
Yeah I think that's it. Got heated so he dipped.

This is an off-shoot from one of Locke's tropes -"if you have many comps in the league as a prospect, you are good(as in - you might pan out in the league)... the problem is if you only have one or two"... But yeah... that question is pretty easy to answer... we have like 3 of them on this roster... one might even say this FO has a type at this point...

Yeah that's definitely what Andy was going for....but it seriously cannot be that hard to name a scoring guard worse than Jamal Murray haha.

Yeah that's definitely what Andy was going for....but it seriously cannot be that hard to name a scoring guard worse than Jamal Murray haha.
Its also one of the easier player comps to do at lower levels... Anfernee Simons, Jordan Clarkson, then you go to scary town like Jerryd Bayless, James Bouknight.

I think he has some uniqueness as his passing has been more advanced than I thought and he hasn't been nearly as ball dominant as I would have guessed.

The argument wasn't if Kessler was athletic or not. He was claiming that Kessler was an elite athlete which he is not.

The argument wasn't if Kessler was athletic or not. He was claiming that Kessler was an elite athlete which he is not.
I don’t remember nor really care about rehashing that again. Sucks that Tony isn’t more active due to that if that’s the reason.

Its also one of the easier player comps to do at lower levels... Anfernee Simons, Jordan Clarkson, then you go to scary town like Jerryd Bayless, James Bouknight.

I think he has some uniqueness as his passing has been more advanced than I thought and he hasn't been nearly as ball dominant as I would have guessed.
Monte Ellis!
He is always first to come to mind for me.

I don’t remember nor really care about rehashing that again. Sucks that Tony isn’t more active due to that if that’s the reason.
Ya and from what i remember about that discussion is that he (tony) was being the most condescending and insulting one in the discussion. But its whatevs. If he cant take a tiny bit of heat then maybe its best he stays out of the kitchen. Or come back. Whatever.

Ya and from what i remember about that discussion is that he (tony) was being the most condescending and insulting one in the discussion. But its whatevs. If he cant take a tiny bit of heat then maybe its best he stays out of the kitchen. Or come back. Whatever.
Yep. He was definitely being the instigator. I don't think he liked the fact that us message board minions would disagree with the all and mighty sports writer.