What's new

Stupidly early thread... BUT

Et tu Brute

if you were to redraft the 16-17 classes combined, would you choose DM in your top 3?

Simmons
Tatum
Mitchell
Fultz
Brown
Kuzma
Brogdon
Ingram
Josh Jackson
Markkanen

------------------------------------------------
Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot
Isaac (haven't watched a single Magic game tbh)
Fox
DSJ (Mavs)
French Knicks pg
Dejounte Murray
Ball
Jordan Bell
Skal Labissière
Jamal Murray
Tyler Ulis
McCaw
Abdel Nader
Semi Ojeleye

I give up....

Ball is almost averaging a triple double and you don't have him in your top 10? And Lauri Markkanen at 10? Lol

It certainly seems like he has a higher ceiling than all of them except maybe Simmons.

I agree about Ball though - seems like he's been so overestimated that he's now being underestimated. I can see him having a Kidd-like career.

The strongest rookie class in a long time. I think this class could shape the NBA over the next decade with multiple guys having HOF careers.

We won't know who most these players are for 5 years. Some will develop early and peak, some will keep developing for years and peak higher.

Fox has arguably been the best rookie guard thus far.

I think the world is still pretty high on DSJ and his insane jumping ability.

I don't think anyone has given up in Fultz yet.

Monk has looked great.

It's hard to say Mitchell absolutely should go over any of those guards (and all those guys are 1.5 years younger than Mitchell too), but I would think he jumps over Kennard.

Agree with Cy. We're wearing homer glasses. Mitchell has certainly had a few impressive games. But he's also had some bad ones. Monk, Fox and Tatum are all off to very good starts. Despite Ball's shooting, he's been very good. Let's see if Donovan can be consistently good before anointing him top-3 status.

Fox has arguably been the best rookie guard thus far.

I think the world is still pretty high on DSJ and his insane jumping ability.

I don't think anyone has given up in Fultz yet.

Monk has looked great.

It's hard to say Mitchell absolutely should go over any of those guards (and all those guys are 1.5 years younger than Mitchell too), but I would think he jumps over Kennard.

Monk has been rough until last night... I guess the same could be said for DM.

I think I'd take him over all those guys except Fultz (something weird going on there... hate has gone too far). Fox is really close though... I just like DM's attitude and maturity. Fox has that too.

I think I might be out on Lonzo... at least as a transcendent talent. He has some amazing stuff and some stuff that I think will really limit him. Kind of like Ricky Rubio.

Dunno bout bust but I can't see him being any kind of team changer, more just a pretty reasonable point guard

I guess that's fair.
But that shot is fugly. Will he ever sought that out?
And does he move laterally at all well?

I'm seeing some massive holes.

I guess that's fair.
But that shot is fugly. Will he ever sought that out?
And does he move laterally at all well?

I'm seeing some massive holes.

Yeah agree he's limited athletically. Very good passer and does some cute things but can't see him being the sort of player who corrupts a defense.