What's new

Summer League Day 2 [Jazz play at 7PM]

I saw the DN story on Jimmer playing Summer League. The story indicated that China probably won't allow foreign players this season. That explains the guys playing summer league for the Jazz that are past prospect age. The GLeague could really be full of talent this season.

Is Oni going to be on the Vegas squad? Any chance Paschall could be on the Vegas team? Only his third year and I’m not sure he’s a lock to be in the Jazz rotation at least to begin the year.

Dallas didn't extend a qualifying offer to Tyler Bey. I'd definitely pick him up for Summer League and training camp.

Dallas didn't extend a qualifying offer to Tyler Bey. I'd definitely pick him up for Summer League and training camp.
Wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz consider him for a two-way. But I'd be even more surprised if his agent isn't trying to find a better situation for him than a two-way on a deep Jazz squad.

(So if it comes to him getting a two-way with the Jazz, expect it later rather than sooner.)

Is Oni going to be on the Vegas squad? Any chance Paschall could be on the Vegas team? Only his third year and I’m not sure he’s a lock to be in the Jazz rotation at least to begin the year.
I'd be surprised if Paschall joins the Vegas group, though it's not impossible, I suppose. He was on the Warriors summer league roster, but according local reporters that was only for him to get some run in during practices, not to actually participate in games.

I'd hope that he'd participate with the Jazz, but I'd give like 30% odds, I think.

I'd be surprised if Paschall joins the Vegas group, though it's not impossible, I suppose. He was on the Warriors summer league roster, but according local reporters that was only for him to get some run in during practices, not to actually participate in games.

I'd hope that he'd participate with the Jazz, but I'd give like 30% odds, I think.
I noticed the Bucks traded Sam Merrill for Grayson Allen. Maybe we can swindle a team like that with Oni.

Man Dok was so good in these 3 games.
Last night he was 7-7 from the field, 3 blocks and 7 rebounds in 22 minutes.
For all of slc summer league he was 20-23 from the field. Holy ****

Of the Jazz alums playing in Vegas today: JWF game cancelled COVID, Trevon Bluiett 6 points for the Cavs, Justin Patton 4 points 2 boards for the Knicks, Mudiay 4 points 9 assists, George King 17 points 5-6 from 3 and Erick McCree DNP for the Blazers.

Clippers have given Brandon Boston a 3-year contract. They bought into the late 2nd round to pick him. That's the type of low-risk, high-reward move I'd like the Jazz to make more often.