What's new

Summer League Thread

Still waiting on Nick Smith Jr to have a standout game. Physically he looks pretty good, but he hasnt done much in any of the games.

He has such impressive feel. When his shot develops he's going to be a very dangerous player.
He is the type of guy that every player enjoys playing with. If you move without the ball and get open he will find you.

He's like the anti-JHS... I don't think he has good feel at all...
I think he has pretty good feel. Feel bad for him he has to play next to a dude like Bouknight in the SL.

JHS is good, but he also really benefits from being on a high IQ SL team. Castleton, Christie, Hodge, and Swider all are NBA quality players w/ skills.

The whole "just draft players who are good at basketball" thing is annoying and reductive, but is no better illustrated than watching Castleton vs Kai Jones. Somehow Kai Jones was the 19th overall pick solely based on athleticism and Castleton didnt even get drafted, yet Castleton is leagues better.

The whole "just draft players who are good at basketball" thing is annoying and reductive, but is no better illustrated than watching Castleton vs Kai Jones. Somehow Kai Jones was the 19th overall pick solely based on athleticism and Castleton didnt even get drafted, yet Castleton is leagues better.
I'd take Castleton over Kai Jones every day of the week... and yes... he's indeed yet another player who just... knows how to play...